WindowsServer high CPU utilization (Catalina)

2 posts in this topic

I have latest Mac OS Catalina Beta running on the latest VMware Preview (the one that supports Windows 10 Preview's Hyper-V). It works perfectly but there is very high CPU utilization caused by WindowsServer process. When I set the display to be turned off within one minute and connect using SSH it works blazing fast! I saw somewhere that connecting using VNC is better but I couldn't log in as another user maintaining the display off. Once I log in using VNC it turns on the display and CPU utilization goes up! I found many guides online for user-mode VNC but they don't work on Catalina, mainly because I couldn't find vncserver-root. I need either to: fix my display problem, or turn off the display and connect using VNC.

I'm accessing the host computer using RDP. It looks like graphics hardware acceleration is not enabled connecting that way. Without RDP, graphics acceleration works, and the VM works at normal speed. Now I have to figure out how to make my video card available when connecting using RDP.