X79-UP4 & 3930K stuck with Power Management

murvold

8 posts in this topic

First of all - big thanks to all OC devs. Moved from Clover and really enjoy OC's cleaner approach.

Now I´m stuck in Post Install section in the guide, Fixing Power Management to be exact.

IoRegistryExplorer shows that XCPM is NOT present.

I have included SSDT-PLUG using SSDTTime (although in the guide Sandy Bridge E isn't mentioned at all)

included my config.plist and ACPI folder.

ioreg-noXCPM.png.049255b600fb722d0f96fcb0e52a78f6.png

config+ACPI-x79-3930k.zip

please ignore the second screenshot. I got accidentally added here and was made yesterday when I struggled with USB injecting. :D

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 00.22.55.png

Edited by murvold

Thank you, MaLd0n, for your efforts. Somewhy IoRegistryExplorer still shows the same picture and iStat menu & Intel Powe Gadget still show that CPU is constant on 3,5GHz.

IoReg shows a new property IOGeneralInterest with value "IOCommand is not serializable"

did a new Run Me: https://we.tl/t-hvmmYC5GG7

179739509_Screenshot2020-05-22at13_00_47.thumb.png.4b3031086fa2dbcb461a4624962c51fa.png

unfortunately no such part there. maybe I need to find CPUid1Data & CPUid1Mask info as ssdtPRGen script states a warning 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0703 instead of 0x0a03). OC manual only has masks for Haswell-E & Broadwell-E. Although Sandy-E might need some other kind of approach on that.

actually did a new run with ssdtPRgen and used -target 1 for Ivy Bridge spoofing and no cpu-type warning this time. changed the SSDT-PM.aml, but still no change in GHz. but i´m starting to think that maybe the frequency change isn´t being picked up by MacOs itselt or iStat/IntelPowerGadget.