iGPU and dGPU working together?

pacco

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I'm new :D 

I have a vanilla installation of High Sierra on my PC (i3 6100, gtx1050, Asus prime B250m-a) and it's all working pretty well.

I'm planning to move to Catalina but first I need an AMD gpu, so it's like 3 days that I'm trying to resolve this "issue".

The problem is that I want my iGPU (HD 530) working with my 1050 ESPECIALLY with FCPX because I know that having quick sync enabled is waaaay better for rendering times.

With my 1050 I render a 6 min video (h264) in like 4 minutes, with hd 530 in 1.15 so if they could work together it will be amazing! 

I tried some tutorials and fix online but nothing work, I have iGPU multi monitor enabled in bios and the monitors (I have 2 monitors) are all plugged in the 1050, if I try to render with fcpx it's like having just the 1050 with no quick sync, but I have hardware acceleration (I tried many programs that tells you if you have it or not and also VDADecoder check).

If I turn off iGPU multi monitor, so bassically disable the 530, I have no acceleration but fcpx works exactly the same.

the only "solution" I found myself was to connect main display to iGPU and second to 1050, if I do this they work together in fcpx and the hardware acceleration is on BUT I lose the 1050 as main gpu: I tried to run a League of Legends for testing and the load was only on the hd 530.

The problem is not that I cannot run LoL on my hackintosh obviously, but that I lose the 1050 as main gpu cause I use hackintosh for music and video production and if you also do you will know that all audio and video plugins works better with a good gpu (good paired to h530, I know that 1050 is crappy gpu ahhah) So I hope there's a fix for this and if not I'm gonna buy a rx580 as soon as I can :D