Waking from sleep requires multiple inputs from peripheral devices

aibt

3 posts in this topic

So when I first try to wake my Hack by pressing the spacebar or mouse click, my system seems to begin coming out of sleep state (logs show that it goes into DarkWake), but it won't fully wake until another event from my keyboard or mouse is sent. I attached the output of my pmset -g log and pmset settings.

At this point is when I send my first keyboard event:

2020-04-30 12:17:04 -0500 Kernel Client Acks  	Delays to Sleep notifications: [ATY,RadeonFramebuffer driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(1063 ms)] [ATY,RadeonFramebuffer driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(1230 ms)] [Spotify timed out(30000 ms)] [AppleHDADriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 0)(1029 ms)] [powerd is slow(3008 ms)] [ATY,RadeonFramebuffer driver is slow(msg: SetState to 0)(777 ms)]

and then a couple seconds later it seems to go into DarkWake state:

2020-04-30 12:17:06 -0500 DarkWake            	DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to / Using AC (Charge:0%) 26 secs   

and then I need to send another peripheral event before it fully wakes and turns on the displays:

2020-04-30 12:17:32 -0500 Wake                	DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to UserActivity Assertion Using AC (Charge:0%)           

I would like my system to wake fully after the first keyboard event. I tried looking at man pmset to see if there was a setting for this but I couldn't find anything. I'm running an AMD build with:

Ryzen 5 3600

Asus Strix B450-f mobo

Radeon rx 5700 xt

Samsung 970 NVMe

and I'm using these kexts if it helps: Lilu, VirtualSMC, AppleALC, AppleMCEReporterDisabler, MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler, NVMeFix, SmallTreeIntel82576, WhateverGreen

sleep-wake-log.txt

pmset-settings.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...