Clover Configurator crashing with Nvidia card.

jshep

1 post in this topic

Evening all.

Long story short. I currently have a dual boot system. High Sierra and Mojave. The main reason for both was my Nvidia card worked great in High Sierra but for obvious reasons didn't work with Mojave. 
Anyway, was having a play around with Mojave this afternoon without my GTX [built in HD4400] when I remembered I had a not so old EVGA GT710 2Gb. Thought why not try it and see what happens. So I chuck it in, boot up and low and behold it boots straight into Mojave. Thinking it must be without any accelerration I checked the "About This mac" to see that it picked it up fully, and under System Report shows Metal: Supported. Very strange as I with my GTX it was showing 8Mb graphics and was terrible. I was told or read Nvidia aren't supported?? 

Oh and I don't have any Nvidia injectors at all, sleep and power settings are fully functional. 

Back to it. Needed to change some audio output ID but for some reason Clover Configurator just wouldn't load. Would show in the Dock, upper bar but would only have an option to force quit. With the GPU removed I could load it up. Any ideas? Or if not any alternatives I could use?

Many thanks!