Not a fully functioning SATA hot plug 10.14.6

3 posts in this topic

I have a strange problem with the SATA hot plug. When trying to unmount a disk in disk utilities, its rotation slows down for a fraction of a second, but the disk does not stop. Everything works well in High Sierra and 10.5.6 Catalina. I don't know how to fix it. I tried to use AppleAHCIPort.kext with 10.13, but this does not solve the problem. I would like to stay on 10.14 because I have old equipment and Catalina is not very stable.

clover.png

Edited by 009
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rocky12 said:

@009  Same here did all tricks even replaced the AHCI Port.kext didn't solve the hot plug problem no matter Mojave or Catalina

For me at 10.15 works as it should. The biggest problem is Mojave. Some people say that up to version 10.14.3 it also worked on Mojave. Have you tried installing AppleAHCIPort.kext for version 10.14.3?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30.04.2020 at 00:08, Rocky12 said:

@ 009 To   samo tutaj wszystkie sztuczki zastąpiły nawet port AHCI . kext  nie rozwiązał problemu z hot plug bez względu na Mojave i Catalinę

@Rocky12 What is your hot-plug problem? ... Does not detect the disk or the disk is still spinning when ejected? I just discovered that Hackintool can effectively stop disk spinning in 10.14.6. Importantly, disk utilities must be closed at this time. If you enable disk utilities in the background, it will not work. I think the disk utilities application may be causing the problem.

Hackintool.png