Installing on shuttle SB95P

stinkjones

2 posts in this topic

Well, installation was easy enough, i just used windows dd onto a hard drive. The problem is, as it is booting i get the "still waiting for root device" error. I know why, but I am too lazy to fix it. I installed tiger on a RAID array and now i don't think i can fix that problem. it is on the primary SATA controller, but i set up the array witht the built in intel raid controller. (the chipset is the 925ex or maybe xe) . Is there any other way to fix this, or will i have to use a different drive on a different (IDE) channel? All help is appreciated.

thx

Well, installation was easy enough, i just used windows dd onto a hard drive. The problem is, as it is booting i get the "still waiting for root device" error. I know why, but I am too lazy to fix it. I installed tiger on a RAID array and now i don't think i can fix that problem. it is on the primary SATA controller, but i set up the array witht the built in intel raid controller. (the chipset is the 925ex or maybe xe) . Is there any other way to fix this, or will i have to use a different drive on a different (IDE) channel? All help is appreciated.

thx

OSX86 don't support RAID arrays on SATA disks, if you had a RAID array with XP or Linux on it, you probably killed this installation when you dd the OSX image on it.

The best is to use a IDE disk if you want to keep you RAID array for XP or Linux