Help with Mojave clean install [ PCI Configuration End, Bridges 5, Devices 13 ]

gaterose

1 post in this topic

Hi, new to Hackintosh and to the forum so please forgive me for if I'm doing something wrong or leaving out important info.

I'm trying to get my first build up and running.

Specs -

Mobo: ASUS TUF Z-390 Pro (Wi-fi)
CPU: i5 9600KF
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 570 RS Black Edition 8GB
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

I tried following the MacMan build guide over at tmx86 and was able to successfully install, boot, and use Mojave but when I tried installing the bootloader using the recommended software, it would never reboot for me.

So I then tried using the Vanilla install guide on reddit and using the guide there, I can't even get the installer to boot. I used the config.plist exactly from the guide once, then a second time changing a few things based on the fact that I don't have onboard graphics.

What's strange to me is that even though one installs and boots and the other never gets to installation, both attempts have stopped at the same line:

[ PCI Configuration End, Bridges 5, Devices 13 ]

With the tmx86 install I can at least get it working and everything online (sound, dual monitor, internet, goes to sleep and wakes up, imessage works) but I have to boot from the USB and manually select "Boot macOS" every time.

I do not know if this makes a difference but one thing I have noticed is that the installer that worked for me and continues to reboot fine is based on Clover 4920. Once I installed the recommended bootloader, it upgraded to 4934 and the Vanilla guide recommends the newest Clover (5103 I think?). So I've never had a successful boot from 4934 or 5103.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

log - https://flic.kr/p/2iPcsQx

Edited by gaterose