STUCK at IOconsoleUsers: GIOScreenLockState 3 [Dell desktop Inspiron 3847, i5-4460]

TimothyF

4 posts in this topic

My steps so far:

1. Set up Catalina install USB exactly according to Plain Vanilla guide.
  2. Disconnect my Windows drive in PC, so that only the empty Hard Drive is connected to Motherboard.
  3. Boot to USB, select Install Catalina option. BIOS set to UEFI, Safe mode Off.
  4. Always get stuck at the same IOconsoleUsers: GIOScreenLockState point.
  5. Tried -radvesa, -radoff, nv-disable=0 boot options (separately), and disabling BIOS virtualization (vt-d) -> NO luck. This from the top search result https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/b5a6ry/ioconsoleusersgioscreenlockstate_3_blackscreen/

Screen pics attached. Here are the last couple of lines that could be important:

GTrace synchronization point 4

Unsupported CPU

Unsupported PCH

Adding ADGP mode validate property

hmm.. mismatch sizes 3100 vs 20

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,

IOconsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Please give me some ideas what else might work. Thank you.

IMG_0695.thumb.jpg.e10a3630b70387170d4060901943c012.jpg

IMG_0696.thumb.jpg.8f17100fd5f5c66f9e326a5471c097fa.jpg

Other details of Clover and Desktop PC below:

Clover USB specs
OS installer used: Catalina (10.15)
Clover revision: 5103
Kexts included:
  • ATH9KFixup.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
config.plist: config.plist
------------------------------------------
Target Desktop specs: Dell Inspiron 3847 (64 bit)
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 3.2 GHz, 4 cores
Architecture: Haswell
GPU: Intel HD 4600
Motherboard: Dell 088DT1 (version A01)
Chipset: Intel H81
Install method: with USB, configured with Clover, 100% following Plain Vanilla guide for Desktops
RAM: 12 GB, 2 slots
Hard drive for installation: SATA HDD 4TB, by HGST
LAN: RTL8111/8168/8411
WLAN: AR9565 (atheros)
Audio: Realtek ALC661 (not 100% sure this is correct)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/25/2020 at 2:06 AM, tlefko said:

-disablegfxfirmware

I tried this and didn't work. Any other suggestions? I have the same problem its driving me wild can't find fix!!

While installing Catalina the screen would turn black midway through the apple logo. Drove me crazy! I took my RX 580 out and put in my old 5750 and bam installs beautifully! That was a stock unmodified [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB install. So I been on this mission for a week since I pinpointed the problem. With Catalina working with the 5760 and already installed, I put back the RX 580 and it hangs while loading the apple logo in the same spot as the installer did during the boot process midway. Screens turn black with green flashes. I finally figured out as I layed my tiresome mind and body over my keyboard at 5 am and fell asleep I actually got it to work. Little did I know he computer went to sleep after the black screen so I then was able to wake up the computer by moving the mouse and takes me to the OS login. Ok. I can put the computer to sleep and wake it back up no problem. My issue is Im planning to dual boot with windows for gaming and I can't have that. I entered 1 minute in the energy savings option to reduce the time it falls asleep so I can get into the OS faster while I test. Tried so many things I've must of rebooted a thousand times and haven't slept! I figured I put this much time into this and so I haven't gave up! Help!

IMG_7910.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...