Jump to content

Realistic MacPro 2013 build!


1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

The objective of this mod was to create a build which comes the closest form factor / design philosophy. This from top-to-down. As the width of the trashcan, is not suitable for a triangle shaped body (with Mini ITX format), I therefor chose to use 2 panels which mount the Mainboard, GFX and PSU, these also have vertical airflow "chambers" / tubes which avoid any heat buildup. Additional kapton foil has been used on these plates. Moreover low-profile case fans have been used in the bottom- and top-bazel. Please check attached pictures and feel free to question the build.


Remarks on the build & printing, the whole project took a while to design and correctly print. The main support frames took over 70 hours to print. Seen the gradient which are visible, and during print the support got stuck on the print. Hence I have split the design and print into more parts and printed the visible parts in order to have the support on the non-visible side.


These are the specs:
- Authentics Lunar Trashcan 6 Liter
- Gigabyte Z370N WIFI Intel Z370 LGA 1151 (Socket H4) Mini ITX moederbord SKU GA-Z370N WIFI
- Intel Core ® ™ i3-8100 Processor (6M Cache, 3.60 GHz) 3.60GHz 6MB Smart Cache processor SKU CM8068403377308 (bough upon high times of intel shortages so took the minimal)
- Gigabyte GV-RX560OC-4GD Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5 SKU GV-RX560OC-4GD
- Corsair Memory 16GB DDR4 2133MHz SKU CMV16GX4M1A2133C15
- Thermaltake TT Gaming Riser Cable PCI-E 3.0 / Black /200mm SKU AC-053-CN1OTN-C1
- Cryorig XT140 SKU CR-XTA
- Seasonic SSP-300SUG SKU SSP-300SUG
- DW1560 > thinking to switch to original Apple wifi card which fit within the build (BRCM943602CS does not with adapter board) or DW1830 (needs cover shield to be modified on MB)
- ttp223 > Capitative power button underneath the top-fan cover


* Perhaps I can switch back to original Intel 8265NGW with https://github.com/zxystd/IntelBluetoothFirmware & https://github.com/zxystd/AppleIntelWifiAdapter
** To wire the back-plain I used diverse extender cables, and 3.1 USB pin header to USB-C. Initially I didn't want traditional USB port, yet USB-C does not always recognise the USB2.0 storage devices. It could be the USB-C cables itself, yet therefor I added USB port output. Which I await the extender cable for. Also added 1.5mm output seen BT is not always stable with multiple devices connected.


For all pictures of the project, please check Google Pictures:



Please let me know your thoughts.



Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...