Transition from Ozmosis to OpenCore

gorans

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

What is the easiest way to change from Ozmosis to OpenCore?

Currently I have Oz rom that kuckkuck built. Do I have to flash regular gigabyte bios first?
If somebody has a prebuilt EFI for my configuration I would be grateful for share. :)

Gigabyte Z97-D3H rev 1.1
i5-4460 Haswell
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2GB
2 x 8GB Kingston memory
INTEL SSDPEKNW020T8 2TB NVME SSD

Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB SATA HD

Edited by gorans

OpenCore does not co-exist with Ozmosis in firmware.

So you have to either strip Ozmosis from your firmware or revert to Gigabyte firmware.

Then you have to retrieve PlatformInfo values from your Defaults.plist and move them into config.plist for OC

• Thanks 1

Thanks. It's tough choice to move my main computer from working condition to experiment with new bootloader that I have no experience and no knowledge. I had this situation with chameleon ten years ago and I did not like it. :)

I jumped. :)

It was a bumpy ride as rig suddenly refused to POST with 660P SSD installed, before any BIOS changes. Luckily, I had regular HD with 2 day old mirror and used that to test. I tested SSD in another PC before service and it worked. Put it back into my Z97 and again it worked! Puzzled but consent. :)

Prepared USB stick with OpenCore EFI, flashed original BIOS and restarted.

In process I replaced nvidia card with RX570 and updated from HS to mojave, enabled iGPU.

Two problems:

Hack is waking up every two hours with Wake reason: RTC (Alarm).

pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standby              1
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 womp                 1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 powernap             0
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 standbydelayhigh     86400
 sleep                13
 autopoweroffdelay    28800
 hibernatemode        0
 autopoweroff         0
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         13
 highstandbythreshold 50
 standbydelaylow      86400

I had to put darkwake=0 to for WOMP to wake up machine completely, but that probably introduced RTC problem.

(mDNSResponder) Created MaintenanceWake "mDNSResponder:maintenance"

(mDNSResponder) Created MaintenanceWake "mDNSResponder:maintenance"

My second monitor (connected to DP) is not powering off completely on sleep, and it's not getting signal when computer wake up. I have to power it off/on and then it's ok. All was good with nvidia and HS but it was connected to DVI before and now it's connected with DP->DVI cable. Is this normal?

Best regards,

Goran

Edited by gorans

Update:

I disabled ErP in BIOS and no wakeups during last night. Only darkwake=0 in boot args and deep sleep/wake/WOL is working as expected so far.

Spoke too soon. Yesterday I updated Mojave with latest Security update and machine woke up every two hours during the night with the same reason. And there was kernel panic in the morning. Reenabled ErP and no reboots so far.

Update:

Problem with display is still there, I ordered another cable to test HDMI->DVI.

With HDMI -> DVI cable monitor properly sleeps.

Best regards,

Goran

Edited by gorans

Another potential problem in log:

2020-03-27 11:01:26.908316+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (pmtelemetry) <pmtelemetry`com_apple_driver_pmtelemetry::_pch_init()> Unsupported CPU
2020-03-27 11:01:26.908572+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (pmtelemetry) <pmtelemetry`com_apple_driver_pm_pch_reporter::setup(com_apple_driver_pmtelemetry*, IOReportLegend*)> Unsupported PCH