Catalina crashes wifi of rMBP 13 2015

bombayblur

2 posts in this topic

I need a couple of kexts that were originally posted by an Alex at the apple support communities. I am guessing he was a hackintosher. The thing is that apple has blocked the original thread and the file download link is also unavailable. Following are the kexts I need.

IO80211Family.kext

IO80211Familyv2.kext

for MacBook Pro but configured such that wifi is glitch free on Catalina.

So I ask you guys for help.

I know nothing about kexts but I can do operations on the terminal. I need to because I need to get my MacBooks wifi working.

This is what I'm trying to do >> how to replace kexts on macOS 

Source>> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250724937?answerId=251555697022#251555697022

and I need kexts. give kexts. thenx.

ORIGINAL ISSUE IS BELOW (as posted on other phorums)

This is an unusual problem. A firmware or hardware or OS idk.

It had been two weeks since I had been on Catalina when something strange started happening. I will get to the strange bit at the end but the main problem is as follows.

Main Issue

My wifi would automatically disconnect, then periodically reattempt reconnection. As it would keep trying to reconnect the UI would being lagging. Eventually the computer becomes unusable. The UI literally freezes, barely responding at all.

Lagging symptoms

• Massive Delay when moving the mouse pointer, feels like I'm dragging a heavy object.
  • Force Touch trackpad clicks are out of sync, and there is delay in the haptic feedback.
  • General Slowlness and beachballs galore when trying to do anything, even shutdown.

Other issues

• The more you try to reconnect the more the UI lags

• The wifi pane in Network settings stops responding and the text on the buttons turns into this:

from <Localizeable.string> (something similar)

What Have I tried to do so far?

• I have turned off ipv6 via networksetup -setv6off WiFi

• Have tried deleting the configuration files in /System/Library/LaunchAgents/

• Repeatedly zapping SMC NVRAM

• Resetting to Factory OS (Yosemite). Although this stage is difficult as the recovery keeps giving me the error -2002F. But after repeated attempts I can get it to download and do the reformat.

• Downgrading to Mojave (I'm Currently on Mojave) but the issue is still present.

• Changing WiFi Bands etc

OTHER INFO

Strangely this lag also happens sometimes within recovery. Like recovery has a wifi connection and once in a while the recovery would also struggle to get the connection and cause the mouse pointer/UI to lag. Preceding this problem I had tried to change the computers preferred DNS service to Cloudflare or some other, I don't remember but the problem started right after that. Could be related I don't know

STRANGE PART

The strangest part in all this is that this problem somewhat reduces in frequency if I move to another room in the house, my office in my house is right next to a big building with lots of homes and routers. This building also has a mobile tower on top of it. That is where I usually sit and the issue is most severe here. But I am still testing this.

How can moving to another location cause my laptop to not freeze so much.

SYSTEM SPECS

LAPTOP: MBPr 13 inch early 2015 Base Model Currently running Mojave

Boot ROM Version: 189.0.0.0.0 SMC Version (system): 2.28f7 Serial Number (system): C02Q4DR0FVH3 Hardware UUID: 1DD468B0-0F96-5B61-B818-9E9934609653

I heard there was a Kext swap you could do, but the originals thread has been locked by apple. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250724937?answerId=251555697022#251555697022

• 3 months later...