Win 7 install to partition on existing OSX drive

reverendjj

2 posts in this topic

I originally started this question on another forum and yet to date have my issue resolved.

I have a gigabyte H77N-wifi motherboard, 8 gig of memory, 3.9 mhz i5 processor, 1TB drive with Mavericks already installed that I have parted for a 256 GB windows install space. I have tried every process for making a usb install for win 7 and everything comes up to no windows install as when the windows install starts, the registry function completed but when the windows is installing screen starts, everything just freezes.  Also, I cannot start in safe mode.  Everything freezes at the installing classpnp.sys driver. Now, I'm sure you are going to ask...did you use rufus, was it mbr, was it legacy or uefi, was it fat32, was it exfat, was it apple gpt....on and on. I have been working on this going on two years now and tried every option I can think of. I have followed the instructions listed on many other sites. Nothing seems to work. Possibly something is setup incorrectly in the bios when installing Windows vs OS X? I have a Mavericks and El Capitan usb stick(s) setup and they work fine. I'm looking to setup a Win7 install on a GPT partition on an existing OSX Ejournaled partition from a Win7 USB install media. I have also verified that the Win7 ISOs I have tried are valid and not corrupted.

This configuration was working well before things went south after an update.

Any thoughts? I would like to get out from under this rock.
Thank you in advance.

- Rev -

Edited by reverendjj
update