ThinkPad P50 BCM94360CS2 with Mini PCI-e adapter

Topuz

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Recently I managed to set up Catalina 10.15.3 on my Lenovo ThinkPad P50. It's my first successful hackintosh build ever, so I'm still learning my way around. Since this laptop has an available Mini PCI-E slot intended for LTE card (which is currently unused), I was wondering if it would be possible to install a BCM94360CS2 card with an adapter like this one: https://ebay.to/37gE6PQ
Dimensions seem to be sufficient (I measured around 34x53mm of space), I'm only not sure about the thickness of the card + adapter. There's about 10mm of height available and I'm not sure if the card+adapter+antennas are thinner than that. There are even antennas available to plug in.
This way I would get to keep the original Intel WiFi card (for Windows dual-boot) and have the native Apple card for hackintosh. Is this generally a viable option? I'm attaching a picture for reference.

Thanks in advance.

20200211_150737.jpg

Ah, I understand. That's unfortunate.

I'm finding contradictory information regarding whitelist on P50, I'll need to dig a bit more.

For example, here it's said that Lenovo no longer uses whitelist for P50, but it's the only place I found that kind of info:

What is the common situation, do Lenovo cars work on all Lenovo laptops, or you need a specific Lenovo model for a specific laptop if it has a whitelist?

I've dug a bit more, including the forum you linked and it seems that P50 luckily has no WiFi whitelist. I've ordered both Lenovo 00JT494 and DW1820A so we'll see how it goes when they arrive. Thanks for your help, that OSX Latitude forum link was very useful.