How to get Continuity Camera working on Mac Pro 2008

laptopleon

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I installed a BCM94360CD in my Mac Pro 2008, on which I just installed the latest version of Mojave, 10.14.6, thanks to @dosdude's patcher (really, thank you!). 

It can take a few seconds for the Mac Pro 3,1 to show up in Airdrop, but then it works fine, both ways to and from my iPhone XR with iOS 13. However, the iPhone won't show up in Continuity Camera.

I've been looking for a solution for quite a while, reading up on the Continuity Activation Tool, but it seems to be outdated and has it's functionality an – at least partially – taken over by dosdude's patcher. It says Continuity on my Mac is already activated and has a slew of analysing hints, that I'm not familiar with:1211210057_Screenshot2020-02-02at23_26_26.thumb.png.fbf16321cbe67a48ae9ce52f0ba89973.png

Then I found the Atheros installer for macOS Mojave and Catalina. I can't figure out though, if this is applicable to my setup? I'm hesitant to use it, because I'm not sure if this is an Atheros based WiFi adapter.

(Or should I just use a different WiFi/BT adapter?)

So it must be possible!

Do you think it could be because I installed the new card after I installed the Mojave + patch? I had to delete the bluetooth .plist files and restart to get Bluetooth going after installing the new card.

Is this Patch necessary?
821884987_Screenshot2020-02-03at21_15_16.png.9712ce4a4bb2e5142b007b1e9a2182f9.png

Thanks for bearing with me.

Since Airdrop works, I'd say Bluetooth is working, but then again, it couldn't hurt to test it since I hadn't used Bluetooth for anything else but Airdrop after installing the new card.

So I tested the Bluetooth by connecting – well, wirelessly connecting that is – a Bluetooth headset to it. It works as expected.

Do you think it stands a change to re-install Mojave + patcher? Can I re-install 'over' the existing installation? Of course after making a backup.