Suggestd crashes

Dr.Tom

1 post in this topic

I need some help. After upgrading to Catalina I noticed that Crash Reporter was taking up a lot of CPU resources. The process that was crashing was the Suggestd process. If I unload it Crash Reporter goes away. According to Crash Reports, the problem is that the Suggestions folder doesn't exist in ~/Library. And it doesn't in Catalina. I'm running the latest Catalina 10.15.3 beta and it isn't fixed. I checked my Mojave backup and it's there. How do I create the folder in Catalina? I can create a new folder in ~/Library but I can't name it Suggestions and I can't copy my Mojave Suggestions folder over to Catalina (I get a 43 error). I hope that this doesn't sound like a stupid newbie question but I could sure use some guidance so that I can enable the Suggestd process and not have it crash repeatedly.

Tom

[The Crash Report]

Application Specific Information:
dyld3 mode
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Error creating directory for suggestions info: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "The file “Suggestions” doesn’t exist." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Users/tompeet/Library/Suggestions, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fe5bd61c220 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}'
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called