Require help to multiboot MacOS

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums and I've been browsing around. I want to easily install a Mac OS alongside my Linux / Windows 10 dual boot. I have my Windows on a SSD and my Linus on a separate HDD, any way I can easily shrink my HDD and put MacOS on it, and have it not effect my Windows? I also want to know the best Mac version I can use since I'm unsure if my GPU is supported.

CPU - i7-6700K 

GPU - Aorus RTX 2080 Ti

MB - Asus Z270-A

RAM - 32 GB

Please let me know if there is a way to easily install MacOS, wish it was simpler like Linux.

Although doable I would strongly advise anyone doing a dual or triple boot, to put all Operating Systems on separate drives (The cost of drives are pennies these days). That way minimises potential cross Data corruption or confusion in future updates/upgrades. Not completely sure but your GPU is not supported by Mac.

• 4 months later...

You could shrink the partition of your linux drive I guess, format it as free space or FAT32 or somthing the OSX installer knows how to deal with. Before you do ANYTHING though, make a full backup of the disk youre going to be messing with, just use dd and output it to an .iso file stored somwhere else, that way you can just restore it exactly as it was before you started. If you do that first, you should feel totally comfortable to start trying/breaking things and seeing whats possible, and just do a full disk restore if you want to start over.

dd if=/dev/sdX of=/A-NAS/A-FOLDER/linuxhddclone.iso conv=sync,noerror,bs=4m