Nvidia Web Drivers Help - 10.13.6 Build 17G66

2 posts in this topic

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B360M-Plus Gaming
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 1080

Hello, I recently followed this guide: https://hackintosher.com/guides/high-sierra-install-full-guide/ to install High Sierra on an external 128 gb drive for the first time and am having trouble getting nvidia drivers to work correctly. Everything else is working smoothly, except there is no graphics acceleration (opaque dock) and there is intense flicker when logging in, on the side and tabs of firefox, and sometimes in videos. Launchpad is very laggy and opening a folder within it is even more unusable.

I have tried the following fixes:
    •    Installing nvidia driver on this post through terminal Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86
    •    Changing build version of my High Sierra to trick installer to install driver version 387.10.10.10.40.133 (this led to the Nvidia driver manager logo to be added to the finder bar, and the driver was recognized and being used, but the stutter still existed)

For installing the drivers I have made sure that SIP is disabled before installing them.

In clover, I have tried a couple of different settings with no luck:
    •    Inject Nvidia on: "About this mac" recognizes card as MSI GeForce GTX 1080 256 MB
    •    Inject Nvidia off and "NvidiaWeb" option checked: "About this mac" recognizes card as "Display 22 MB"
    •    nvda_drv=1 for both of the above also, no change

Any help or guidance on what to do next would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

config.plist