10.8.5 | Toshiba Satellite C660-26h | Non-UEFI Installation

GameGlitz

2 posts in this topic

I am currently chasing a good way to install Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my Toshiba Satellite C660-26h. Before you ask about how specific I am about this model, this lineup of laptops has a lot of different hardware sets.

I am currently trying to use Niresh's DMG build of it, thru TransMac to a USB 2.0 drive, 3.0 isn't supported by this laptop and poses issues for me. If you know any good kexts for me, please send them.

Anyway, it isn't UEFI, and is a discontinued product from Toshiba, so you can search up the specs online if you would be kind enough to help. I am a total noob with this, so a distro would be easier, but then again the amount of performance loss might be bad for this weak machine, so if you have an easy way for me to install a vanilla build, again, please help me.

Lastly, I would like to be able to dual boot with Windows 8.1, but if this isn't possible it's fine as I can just boot the OS with my other HDD (I have a drive caddy with a lot of good recovery tools installed, so I just boot to it and then boot to Windows 8.1 thru it).

Thanks,

- GameGlitz

Managed to get further, as I formatted as MBR and then made the partition HFS+, and after install it stopped the Boot0: GPT error. It is a 600GB HDD with 512kb clusters. I have a new error which is when I boot into MacOS with Verbose enabled. Otherwise it just hangs.

15772924494532547876416557407380.jpg