MAC & Internet

programgeniusyu

7 posts in this topic

Hi....

I need help for making Jas 10.4.8 Intel "NOT TO CRASH" when I`m on the NET.

When I`m OFF the Internet everything works PERFECT... BUT....! When I`m connected to internet after 10 - 15 min. my MAC OS X is crashed and i must restart..... Otherwise everything works GREAT (sound, network, Video, burner, usb, everything.....)

Please if somebody can HELP me....!!!

Oooo.... My configuration is:

Intel Pentium D

Dual Core 64bit

MB Asus P5LD2 SE Series

Intel® 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) - Intel 945P Chipset

Hard Disks -> 2 x 250 GB (Maxtor & WDC)

Realtek Network Card 100/10

SoundMax - High Definition Audio Device

ATI Radeon x1600 512MB PCIe

4 GB RAM DDR2 433Mhz

DVD RW Drive

Asus Monitor PW191 - 19,1" Wide

--------------------------------

MAC OS X - Jas 10.4.8 Intel Final

Windows VISTA

10-15 minutes sounds like a sleep problem. Go to System Preferences -> Energy Saver and move all the sliders to Never and uncheck the sleep for hard drives.

I did it but still nothing... sometime 8 min. 10min..

Is there some fishing software for not legal MAC OS software...?

My be there is problem...

I download Jas MAC OS X 10.4.8 Intel Only from torrent

Sorry for my stupidness and bad english....

I LOVE MAC and install by my self for the first time in my life... and I do it everything, I look for solution separatly for viideo, sound, network... and it WORK fine.... But problem is when i`m on the NET....

Be sure you downloaded the JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 Only Reseed iso posted on Nov 3, 2006.

What packages did you choose during installation?

Have you installed an updated kernel after installation? If not, have you set the fsb=xxx during boot? What value did you use for xxx? What kind of Pentium D do you have?

What brand and model is the LAN or wireless you use for internet?

Try disabling screensaver in addition to disabling sleep.

Be sure you downloaded the JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 Only Reseed iso posted on Nov 3, 2006.

What packages did you choose during installation?

Have you installed an updated kernel after installation? If not, have you set the fsb=xxx during boot? What value did you use for xxx? What kind of Pentium D do you have?

What brand and model is the LAN or wireless you use for internet?

Try disabling screensaver in addition to disabling sleep.

1. JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 Only --------------- ok

2. - Update for SSE3

- New kernel

- ATI driver

- Sound

3. Pentium D - Intel original 3,2 GHz Dual Core

4. Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

5. Screensaver and all other sleep tool is off

Just one thing.... Everything is workin PERFECT when i`m not on the NET.... When I connect, still is Everithing perfect from 8 to 15 min. and than BUM---- grey Swich off screen

1. JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 Only --------------- ok

There were 2 DVD's posted. The first was corrupt and was taken down. Others posted it anyway. Be sure you got the Reseed posted on Nov 3, 2006

2. - Update for SSE3

- New kernel

- ATI driver

- Sound

I assume the ATI driver was for your video card. There were 2 ATI selections for video card (PCI-E and AGP) and 1 ATI selection for ATA hard drives. If you only saw 1 selection, then you have the corrupt DVD and installed the ATA hard drive patch.

If you selected the Semthex kernel and didn't download a newer kernel after the installation, then you need to set fsb=xxx at boot.

When using the Semthex kernel, you may need to set your FSB frequency. It is set to 200 by default.

At boot, type: fsb=xxx (where xxx is a number like 133, 166 or 200)

fsb is a frequency

fsb (freq) = fsb (speed) / 4

Find your fsb (speed) in your BIOS or:

(OSX) System Profiler -> Hardware -> Bus Speed (fsb speed)

(Win) PC Wizard -> Mainboard -> Chipset -> fsb (speed) and fsb (freq) are both avail

Remember to divide the speed by 4. If your FSB (speed) is 667, then your FSB (freq) = 166 because 667/4 = 166

At boot, type fsb=166 (use your correct value here) or put the fsb in your boot.plist under Kernel Flags:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1
fsb=166
</string>

3. Pentium D - Intel original 3,2 GHz Dual Core

The number (805, 820, 950) would have been helpful. It helps with the FSB question. And, sometimes dual core processors can "stutter" and cause slowness and even crashes. Try disabling one core at boot by typing: cpus=1

4. Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Since OSX doesn't natively support this card, you must have added a driver after installation. It may be your problem since you crash while using the net. Try reinstalling using both of the following methods - use the 2nd if the 1st one still crashes:

1. Read this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=29436

2. Download and install this: http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/...0Installer.html

• 3 weeks later...
Hi....

I need help for making Jas 10.4.8 Intel "NOT TO CRASH" when I`m on the NET.

When I`m OFF the Internet everything works PERFECT... BUT....! When I`m connected to internet after 10 - 15 min. my MAC OS X is crashed and i must restart..... Otherwise everything works GREAT (sound, network, Video, burner, usb, everything.....)

Please if somebody can HELP me....!!!

Ive had problems with realtec 8169, problem solved changing it for an intel nic.

There is another solution downgrading IOnetwork with the one on 10.4.7

Im having problems with p5ld2se.

Could you tel me what have you done?

What is yours disk config? (Sata pata)?

Thanks