1. Dell Inspiron 7391 2in1 Black Edition Specs:

i7-10510U (Comet Lake)

16GB DDR3

NVMe BC511 SK hynix 512GB

Full HD Touchscreen

2. BIOS:

- Disabled Secureboot

- Disabled VT-d

- Boot Mode: UEFI (Legacy not supported anyway)

- SATA Mode: AHCI

- Fastboot: Thorough

3. Problems:

The Laptop will not let me boot the installer. Booting into clover works fine, once I attempt to start the installer (verbose or not) the laptop freezes and if I press any button I hear a loud beep sound and end up with the following options (dell specific):

Press F1 key to retry boot.
Press F2 key to reboot into setup.
Press F3 key to run onboard diagnostics.[/CODE]

I've followed all related guides, attached my clover folder with dumped ACPI. Im using the config_HD615_620...plist specificly.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by Killuminati91

The weird thing is that I could boot into the installer on the Lenovo yoga S740 (ice lake) without spoofing the CPU and other people have suggested that they got to verbose on comet lake. Continuing from there is another story as it seems like the memorymaps are incompatible (tested on 3 different devices). I assume my problem is machine specific here, because the whole system crashes before even going into verbose. Or are there cases where the load process crashes right away? Will try CPU spoofing. I could definitely experiment and or wait for half a year but I’m scared that this is beyond the problem of adapting the new processors.