[SOLVED] Catalina 10.15 Driver for Realtek 8192CU or 8814AE

f3biz

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a problem with my hack catalina 10.15.

I can't find a driver for the following WiFi adapters:

TP-Link WN823N with RTL8192CU chipset

EDUP AC1675 with RTL8814AE chipset

The respective manufacturers supply the drivers up to Mac 10.14 but not for 10.15.

I have founded this driver on GitHub, here is link, and it works only if enable the Inject Kext to Yes in config.plist. But it causes some many problems.

If I enable Inject Kext = Yes in Clover the videocard "Intel UHD630" is not recognized correctly, but is showed like Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB 0 MB and many icons (like apple menu, continue button, confirm button, ok button etc..) not appear in white color but they are transparent and therefore not seen.

I can click on it because I know they are there otherwise you don't see them.

If I restore the Inject Kext=No the video card is correctly recognized and all the icons / buttons appear again.

Please see the attached images to understand what I mean. Check the Apple icon on left side and videoc ard name. I can't open any photo too, not show the photo because the video card is wrong recognized.

How can I solve the problem? How I can load this kext without setting Inject Kext to yes?

Can someone help me? Or does anyone know a 10.15 compatible driver for one of these usb wifi adapters?

Thank you so much in advance guys

Schermata 2019-10-24 alle 22.18.47.png

Edited by f3biz
thread solved

When you set InjectKexts=YES you're telling to Clover inject all kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/. Probably your kexts are in /Library/Extensions, and because of this your Graphics messe up.

I take a look in the Wireless USB Adapter driver and he installs the kexts RtWlanU.kext and RtWlanU1827.kext in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts. (That's why he asks you to enable injection in Clover.)

What you can do is:
- Disable injection (set InjectKexts=NO)
- Move the two kexts (RtWlanU.kext and RtWlanU1827.kext) from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/ to /Library/Extensions/
- Repair permissions and recreate kext cache.

If you don't remember how to fix how to set and generate new cache:

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -i / 

16 hours ago, ludufre said:

When you set InjectKexts=YES you're telling to Clover inject all kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/. Probably your kexts are in /Library/Extensions, and because of this your Graphics messe up.

I take a look in the Wireless USB Adapter driver and he installs the kexts RtWlanU.kext and RtWlanU1827.kext in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts. (That's why he asks you to enable injection in Clover.)

What you can do is:
- Move the two kexts (RtWlanU.kext and RtWlanU1827.kext) from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/ to /Library/Extensions/

sudo kextcache -i / 

I tried like you said but it doesn't work.

All the icons are visible and the video card is correctly detected, but the USB wifi card is not recognized.

How can I solve it?

It recognize only with InjectKexts=YES

That's exactly what I thought.

You have a list of Kexts in /Library/Extensions and another in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts.

The recommended (as far as I know) is that all kexts should be only in /Library/Extensions. But when you use the InjectKext = NO you are already telling the system to not use the /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts.

I also noticed that you did not do what I said:

22 hours ago, ludufre said:

What you can do is:

sudo kextcache -i / 

Do what I said, including repairing permissions and generating kext cache via the terminal command above.

After everything is working (Graphics + Wireless). Delete the folder "10.15" and "Other" from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts because the ones you need are already in the system.

1 hour ago, ludufre said:

That's exactly what I thought.

You have a list of Kexts in /Library/Extensions and another in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts.

The recommended (as far as I know) is that all kexts should be only in /Library/Extensions. But when you use the InjectKext = NO you are already telling the system to not use the /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts.

I also noticed that you did not do what I said:

Do what I said, including repairing permissions and generating kext cache via the terminal command above.

After everything is working (Graphics + Wireless). Delete the folder "10.15" and "Other" from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts because the ones you need are already in the system.

Yeeeeeeeessssss, you are a monster @ludufre

Thanks a lot

You solved a bad problem that I was fighting for days.

I attach the images as proof and mark the thread as solved

1.png

2.png

3.png

• 3 years later...