Booting only possible from Clover Menu

willibald

2 posts in this topic

Hi Forum! First the Specs:

Desktop

Gigabyte Dual Uefi Bios F13 B85M -D3H

3.59 GHz Intel Core i7

Nvidia Geforce 210 1024 MB

A few years ago I bought a Hackintosh Build with Yosemite pre-installed. I assume it was an Ozmosis installation, because in the EFI is an Apple Folder and an OZ Folder (quite empty, but I do know nothing about that).

Fast, direct boot, working flawlessly. I have 3 internal SSD's. I tried installing High Sierra with Clover on one of them. The installation from USB went easy, everything working immediately, just long boot time, like 4 Minutes. But never succeeded to boot without USB until I realized that my BIOS was so full of Bogus entries, that it did not really function anymore. ( I am a newbie). So i reset my BIOS and when I start the machine now the Clover boot menu appears ( without USB) and I can boot High Sierra from there (4 minutes to load), but the Yosemite Installation is not booting anymore. When I go into the BIOS and set "macOS" as 1 boot priority Clover boot menu appears. There seems no way to bypass the Clover boot menu, it recognizes the Yosemite Installation, probably because there's an EFI to it, but when I try to start from there I get a Circle/Slash sign. It directly booted before when I started the machine and from any boot menu entry named "macOS". In Disk Utility the Yosemite Drive is defined as 'bootable'. I did not change the BIOS settings.

I think I need expert's advice and I hope that someone here will be able to make sense of this and give me some advice. A lot of thanks beforehand ;o)

Edited by willibald
German title instead of english