p8p67 rev 3.1 i7 2700k overclock problem

nik1071

2 posts in this topic

Hello.

Im not English native speaker so give me some respect im trying to ask u on English.

I have a strange problem. I overclocked my CPU to 4.5 ghz. EIST off , C1E-C3 all of them off. Turbo is ON and Hyperthreading ON. Works like a charm in windows 10 pro all stable.

I've installed High Sierra on my another SSD. SMBIOS iMac12.2: VoodoHDA, Realtek, Nvidia, NullCPUManagement (or I get kernel panic) sleep works like I see. Everything seems work. But my OC Cpu only have 3.5 ghz. I used Intel Power Gadget to take a look. By using AppleIntelInfo.kext to get info about my P-states I got only 2 P-states (16 and 35). By OC with bus in bios I can get more than 3.5(like 103 mhm on bus*35 = 3600~). But if use 45 p-states in bios instead of 35, I can't get more than 3.5 ghz on Hackintosh. Someone help me. Thanks

Spoiler

Снимок экрана 2019-10-01 в 18.24.57.png

Edited by nik1071

Thank you! Applied AppleIntelCPUPM by Clover. Now OC works. Thank you again

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

You have to get rid of NullCPUPM, otherwise, no CPU SpeedStep at all and consequently no OC. Goes without saying... Apply AppleIntelCPUPM patch to your Clover config; it's for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs. KernelPm and/or MSR registry patches are not applicable to your Sandy Bridge platform and would therefore be useless if applied. If you use or have generated a CPU-specific power management SSDT, you'd have to manually modify it to cater for your OC settings.