Random reboots...?

Technotronsky

2 posts in this topic

Been trying to get my brother's desktop to work so he can resume work in Logic. Unfortunately, no matter what I try, the system keeps rebooting. We even tried different RAM, reinstalling multiple times (after recreating USB installer multiple times) and made sure all BIOS settings are as they should be - again, multiple times. Oh, and we swapped RAM, just to make sure... same story, same results.

The reboots happens randomly, sometimes right after logging in, sometimes after loading Safari and/or YouTube, Final Cut seems to crash and reboot my system every time... I'll attach my current EFI and the ErrorReport generated after restarting the system.

The specs:

- ASUS Z370-G Gaming

- i7 8700k

- 16GB RAM

- Samsung 860 EVO (also tried a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB)

- ASUS 1080ti

Perhaps somebody can point me in the same direction? I've spent two nights now relentlessly scouting the internet and trying to troubleshoot this whole thing. Bleh...

Cheers :-)

Archive.zip

7 hours ago, Technotronsky said:

Been trying to get my brother's desktop to work so he can resume work in Logic. Unfortunately, no matter what I try, the system keeps rebooting. We even tried different RAM, reinstalling multiple times (after recreating USB installer multiple times) and made sure all BIOS settings are as they should be - again, multiple times. Oh, and we swapped RAM, just to make sure... same story, same results.

The reboots happens randomly, sometimes right after logging in, sometimes after loading Safari and/or YouTube, Final Cut seems to crash and reboot my system every time... I'll attach my current EFI and the ErrorReport generated after restarting the system.

The specs:

- ASUS Z370-G Gaming

- i7 8700k

- 16GB RAM

- Samsung 860 EVO (also tried a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB)

- ASUS 1080ti

Perhaps somebody can point me in the same direction? I've spent two nights now relentlessly scouting the internet and trying to troubleshoot this whole thing. Bleh...

Cheers :-)

Archive.zip

use it

EFI.zip

reboot and extract full dump, stay with intelhdgraphics enable in bios/uefi for intelquicksync

--Run_Me
RunMe.app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A