21" Apple Studio Display

Inverted

1 post in this topic

First off, I'm not sure if this is in the right category. If not, could one of the mods move it for me?

Okay, so I recently acquired an old Apple Studio Display (21" CRT). The graphics department of my dad's job got new monitors and were just tossing these. :P I couldn't believe it.

After lugging the 85-pound beast into my house, I brought down my laptop and plugged in the VGA and USB cables. When I first turned the monitor on, the power LED was orange. Then I changed my graphics settings from single display (laptop) to DualView, and I heard the monitor turn on. The LED changed to green, but there was no picture. Meanwhile, Windows was trying to install the USB devices it had detected when I plugged in the monitor's USB cable, but had failed. I know the monitor has a 4-port hub built in, but Windows said it failed to install 5 devices.

I was just wondering if there are any drivers that I need to install or something, since I know it originally shipped with some kind of Mac software. Or could the problem be my laptop's graphics card (Intel GMA950)? I'd try it out with my desktop's GeForce 6600GT, but the monitor is in the basement and I don't want to lug it up 2 flights of stairs when there's a possibility it won't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.