conferm me nvidia...

morfy

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I would like to upgrade to mojave and I decided to take an ati radeo 470 - 4gb: unfortunately I can't get it to work under high sierra ... but wasn't this card's native support? I recommend some nvida that works natively under mo

43 minutes ago, Hervé said:

It's been said a million times: Mojave only supports nVidia Kepler cards (GT6xx/GT7xx). I have a little Kepler2.0 (GK208B) GT730 2GB-DDR5 (Asus branded) and it's works OOB in Mojave.

Re: AMD Radeon RX 470, are you running with latest Lilu + WEG kexts and nothing else in the Clover config? If so, do you inject or cache the kexts?

Thanks a lot of information. I found a 9600 GT inside ... let's see if it goes ...

I have a sapphire, I have tried everything (with the help of my countrymen), but after the verborse mode I turn off the monitor and I have to disconnect the use to get it repaired ...
I also tried fakeid ... 0x1234567 and it doesn't work

Edited by morfy

37 minutes ago, Hervé said:

9600GT is old Tesla and won't be supported under Mojave; it's not Metal compatible. The trick of installing HiSie 10.13.6's kexts to achieve OpenGL-only graphics acceleration may work but I've read it's not so well supported since Mojave 10.14.4, so... -_- If it works for you, note that you'll still encounter some graphics limitations. If this can be used on a laptop where you can't change built-in GPUs, it makes no sense at all to me on a desktop in which a fully supported card can be installed for very cheap.

Sorry if I get too direct but which part of "Mojave only supports nVidia Kepler cards (GT6xx/GT7xx)" do you have a problem understanding?

Obviously, faking id 0x123456678 is NOT going to get your RX 460 going! It's usually applied to avoid a black screen and get to OS X/macOS desktop without graphics acceleration.

Relax .. do not worry that I understood what you wrote, but having a 9600gt at home I try it (I have still installed high sierra). Now, thanks to your intervention, I know which video card is supported by mojave

On 8/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, Hervé said:

Obviously, faking id 0x123456678 is NOT going to get your RX 460 going! It's usually applied to avoid a black screen and get to OS X/macOS desktop without graphics acceleration.

Obviously, the false ID 0x12345678 will NOT run your RX 460! It is usually applied to avoid a black screen and access the OS X / macOS desktop without graphics acceleration ...
In fact I didn't want to make it work, but just turn it on ...
but no it has not been so