El Capitan 10.11.6 shutdown and reboot issue

shinho73

12 posts in this topic

I managed to install El Cpitan on a very old (no AHCI only IDE option) core 2 duo PC with no_ahci_fix kexts. Everything is working except the power off and reboot. It just hangs. The screen turns black with cursor. On DSDT and SSDT, no errors. On clover config "fix_shutdown" does not do anything. Only way to turn the PC off is by pushing the power button. I uploaded DSDT, SSDT, and Config.plist. Can somebody look at them. Any help will greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Capture.PNG.2cc1eea0b38d42c5e4e79befdb2f9fb9.PNG

Capture1.PNG.ada42ecf474623a5e9feb09266468714.PNG

Screenshot at Aug 05 12-12-22.png

DSDT.dsl

SSDT-0.dsl

config.plist

Edited by shinho73

DSDT is good. No reboot, but cannot rebbot or shutdown. The problem is with CPU. It is not halting. When it halts, the PC shuts down or reboots.

Edited by shinho73
editing

Did not work. Could not use keyboard and mouse and stuck on black screen with cursor while shutting down or on reboot. I had same issue on Yosemite and used these commends and worked without any issues. Muchas gracias por tu ayuda.

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.securityd ExitTimeOut -int 5

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder ExitTimeOut -int 5

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.diskarbitrationd ExitTimeOut -int 5

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.coreservices.appleevents ExitTimeOut -int 5

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.coreservices.appleid.authentication ExitTimeOut -int 5

Not getting this screen on shutdown or reboot.

IMG_20190806_131028.jpg

Edited by shinho73
Edit