kssharma

Restart before reaching the installer

17 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to install Mojave and system reboots before it can reach the macOS installer. Below is my system's configuration

Thinkpad E570

i5-7200

Intel HD 620 integrated graphic

24 GB of RAM (16+8)

FHD 

I have two SSDs. One is 1TB NVME ssd on which windows in installed and other one is Samsung Evo 860 256 GB on which I am trying to install macOS.

Attached is the EFI folder I am using.

Appreciate the help in advance!!

EFI.zip

Edited by kssharma

Advertisement

While at Clover's boot selection, select your macOS installer and instead of pressing enter (or whatever you press to boot) press spacebar. You'll get a list of options. Select the following:

-v
Keep Symbols
Don't reboot at panic

Boot your macOS Installer and post a picture of what's on your screen.

Also update Lilu and its plugins. IntelGraphicsFixUp has been merged with WhatEverGreen.

12 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

While at Clover's boot selection, select your macOS installer and instead of pressing enter (or whatever you press to boot) press spacebar. You'll get a list of options. Select the following:

-v
Keep Symbols
Don't reboot at panic

Boot your macOS Installer and post a picture of what's on your screen.

Also update Lilu and its plugins. IntelGraphicsFixUp has been merged with WhatEverGreen.

Please check attached. Also, I forgot to mention the screen was HD originally which I upgraded to FHD panel.

IMG_20190729_173718.jpg

6 hours ago, kssharma said:

Hello, I am trying to install Mojave and system reboots before it can reach the macOS installer. Below is my system's configuration

Thinkpad E570

i5-7200

Intel HD 620 integrated graphic

24 GB of RAM (16+8)

FHD 

I have two SSDs. One is 1TB NVME ssd on which windows in installed and other one is Samsung Evo 860 256 GB on which I am trying to install macOS.

Attached is the EFI folder I am using.

Appreciate the help in advance!!

EFI.zip

check if work

EFI.zip

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

check if work

EFI.zip

You, Sir, is awesome and a life saver! I was able to install Mojave with the EFI folder you provided. Thanks a ton! As an appreciation, I have sent you donation through PayPal so that you can buy a beer!!

Things not working are: wifi and the trackpad is a bit patchy. Maybe a bit learning curve to use trackpad which wasn't meant to be a mac trackpad.

Thanks a ton!!

Edited by kssharma

14 hours ago, kssharma said:

You, Sir, is awesome and a life saver! I was able to install Mojave with the EFI folder you provided. Thanks a ton! As an appreciation, I have sent you donation through PayPal so that you can buy a beer!!

Things not working are: wifi and the trackpad is a bit patchy. Maybe a bit learning curve to use trackpad which wasn't meant to be a mac trackpad.

Thanks a ton!!

extract files for fine tune

--Run_Me
RunMe.app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

put in clover/acpi/patched, reboot

Tried but didn't see much difference in the trackpad behavior. Is that is what this patch supposed to fix? Also when I go to trackpad setting I am getting a black screen without any options. It seems the OS doesn't recognize the trackpad.

Thanks for looking into it!

3 hours ago, kssharma said:

Tried but didn't see much difference in the trackpad behavior. Is that is what this patch supposed to fix? Also when I go to trackpad setting I am getting a black screen without any options. It seems the OS doesn't recognize the trackpad.

Thanks for looking into it!

ur trackpad u need a correct kext, is not i2c

check what trackpad u have

10 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

I have Synaptics Trackpad. Also, I replaced DSDT again but now I don't see MacOS option in the Clover boot option. There are multiple windows entry in the option but no MacOS. I was able to boot into macOS using the USB drive once but now even that doesn't work. 

Did I mess up something?

12 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

This is what I see now. Even with the USB through which the macOS was installed. 

Earlier there were only three options "Windows" "MacOS" and "MacOS Recovery". Now there are additional windows entries.

IMG_20190801_095505.jpg

Edited by kssharma

8 hours ago, kssharma said:

This is what I see now. Even with the USB through which the macOS was installed. 

Earlier there were only three options "Windows" "MacOS" and "MacOS Recovery". Now there are additional windows entries.

IMG_20190801_095505.jpg

Was able to resolve this by reinstalling macOS  :). Now need to solve the trackpad issue.

Have a good one!! 

Edited by kssharma

On 7/31/2019 at 1:26 PM, MaLd0n said:

Alright, I have used kext from rehabman and the trackpad is now behaving like a mouse and actually usable. Earlier it was really wonky. Interestingly, the TrackPoint is working now. But no gesture is working. It's a Synaptics Trackpad.

On 7/31/2019 at 1:26 PM, MaLd0n said:

Hello there, 

I was able to fix trackpad with battery DSDT fix :). The battery DSDT fix somehow also fixed the trackpad :)

Thanks for all your help!!

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 9.56.17 PM.png