KP; Can't boot into system after post-install (Acer Predator 15 G9-592-73BR)

iWin32

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a Hackintosh on my new Acer laptop.  It has a Skylake processor (Intel Core i7-6700HQ), Intel HD Graphics 530+Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M, 32GB RAM, 512 GB SSD+1TB HD.  I set up my own USB installer using a backup of a 10.13.4 installer from the App Store that I had copied over to an external hard drive and am using the default Olaria EFI folder for Skylake (I tried using my own EFI folder from Clover installer, but no matter what I tried, I kept getting hung on End RandomSeed when I tried to boot the USB).  I'll attach the config and screenshot of my EFI Folder.  I was planning on updating to 10.13.6 once I installed High Sierra successfully.

I successfully installed High Sierra using my USB, and I even got through the install process with the Apple logo.  But when it rebooted to the point that should have let me through to the Setup Assistant, it rebooted due to a Kernel Panic.  I've attached a screenshot of the KP as well.  It's so generic that I'm not sure what is wrong.  The only thing I can think of is that it set up a FileVault 2 installation, and that could be causing issues (as I had no problem booting my USB installer).  Is there a way to disable FileVault 2 from being used on install?  It can't be because I had the FileVault 2 drivers installed in my Clover folder because they weren't present during the install procedure.  It installed fine without them and adding them in my Clover folder did not make any difference.  I have no need to use FileVault, so if I can disable it and get past this issue, that would be great!  Any help would be appreciated!!

IMG_0757.JPG

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 2.04.23 PM.png

config.plist.zip

Just tried, still no luck...

I think it's at the same place, but it's hard to say.  The reason I had the 2 Kernel Patches to not list kexts on kernel panic was because without them, it lists all the kexts, and it scrolls to the point that the root cause of the panic is no longer visible.  I tried your plist without adding them back in, though it still didn't help.

• 8 months later...

I did manage to get High Sierra installed and working on this laptop.  The key was changing the config.plist.  I don’t remember which one it was based on, but it had something to do with enabling the iGPU. When I get the chance, I’ll upload my working config.plist.

Edit: I've attached my working config.plist.  It's for the Clover bootloader.  You'll need to add a few SMBIOS settings as I removed them in case the powers that be come across my config file and decide to blacklist me.  I hope this helps!

config.plist.zip

Edited by iWin32
Adding the config.plist to my post