nocturnal

ASUS ROG Z390E + Mojave first install

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I'm in the process of selling my Macbook but need to setup the Hackintosh beforehand. 

I read a lot of guides (glasgood's were a really good read!) and feel like I can grasp a little how Clover works now.

Specs:

• i5 9600k
  • ASUS ROG Z390E Gaming
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX CL16 2x8GB in Slot A2* and B2* (1 and 3 in Clover configurator)
  • Intel UHD 630
  • Corsair MP510 960GB NVMe SSD (dualboot)
  • 2.5" 1TB HDD

I'm planning to buy a 5700XT for gaming next month, the UHD 630 should be fine for general work under MacOS.

All the parts come in tomorrow and I hope the Z390E isn't on latest BIOS since I read there are problems with RTC.

The endgoal is to dualboot Win10 and MacOS, using a dedicated GPU for Win10 and Intel UHD 630 for MacOS.

I want to connect my monitor with DP -> GPU when using Win10 and HDMI -> Mainboard(UHD630) when using MacOS.

Does it do any harm if I leave both cables plugged in and the OS detects automatically which GPU to choose?

I already prepared an EFI folder using latest Clover version and also setup an USB Stick with Mojave 10.14.5.

If you guys could look over my config and give me some advice if I'm missing anything.

Would be much appreciated!

Z390.zip

Advertisement

can you comment a bit about your EFI folder? I see you are using FakeSMC and other kext that I don't necessarily need like AirportBrcmFixup Atheros E220Ethernet and RealtekRTL8100 as well as RealtekRTL8111.

I don't know what XHCI-unsupported does.

I did it! Had some problems with no signal on HDMI after starting installation though.

What I did:

What works:

• almost everything (even built in Bluetooth)

What doesn't work:

• Wifi (as expected)
  • 1 USB3 Port right under the Ethernet port
  • USB-C Port not tested
  • DisplayPort not tested (will do tomorrow to get 4k@60Hz)

Some guy on reddit (don't know the sauce) also shared his .aml patches for this board which I applied to my folder as well. 

First Hackintosh and I'm surprised how relatively easy that went. Research is key I guess.

For future reference:

if you're googling here are some keywords

ASUS Z390E Z390 Hackintosh i5 9600k Framebuffer No Signal HDMI Installation platform-id device-id

goodbye Macbook Pro 15 mid 2015 you've been good to me. 

Hope the hackintosh will be a good daily driver!

On 7/22/2019 at 10:15 PM, nocturnal said:

I did it! Had some problems with no signal on HDMI after starting installation though.

What I did:

What works:

• almost everything (even built in Bluetooth)

What doesn't work:

• Wifi (as expected)
  • 1 USB3 Port right under the Ethernet port
  • USB-C Port not tested
  • DisplayPort not tested (will do tomorrow to get 4k@60Hz)

Some guy on reddit (don't know the sauce) also shared his .aml patches for this board which I applied to my folder as well. 

First Hackintosh and I'm surprised how relatively easy that went. Research is key I guess.

For future reference:

if you're googling here are some keywords

ASUS Z390E Z390 Hackintosh i5 9600k Framebuffer No Signal HDMI Installation platform-id device-id

goodbye Macbook Pro 15 mid 2015 you've been good to me. 

Hope the hackintosh will be a good daily driver!

Hi, can you please tell me your current bios version?

I have the same hardware with last firmware v1302, but don’t work for me, thanks!

I have solved boot issue with ACPI Patch for RTC, and now i'm on the desktop! (last bios v1302)

But i'm go crazy to enable UHD630 full support on HDMI onboard. The only road to see something is generic device id (0x12345678).

Everytime i use 0x3E9B8086 or 0x3E988086 i have no video output after half loading in apple logo.

If i use imac 8.1 i have no apple logo

If i use imac 19,1 or 19,2 i have no video after half boot apple logo

In bios on graphics i selected "only CPU" and memory 128 MB..

If i use your EFI in 1st post i have no video on HDMI onboard.

Can you please share your final EFI folder?

Edited by Raider_ITA

Solved UHD630 acceleration on HDMI!

Boot with:

fake cpu 0x3E928086

platform-id 0x3E9B007

inject intel selected

SMBIOS iMac 18,1

then, applyed framebuffer patch and saved in config.plist, set SMBIOS to iMac19,1, reboot and... booom! Acceleration on HDMI & UHD630 :thumbsup_anim:

So please..how to enable onboard BT?!?

Edited by Raider_ITA

Posted (edited)

Hi, here it is in the attachment!

Work with Catalina 10.15.3 video Intel 630UHD and Radeon RX570 ; for 10.14.x just enable correct Usb port patch.

I've just deleted my personal ID in Rt Variables, SMBIOS and System Parameters; so write yours ;)

I suggest you to use USBports.kext inside "clover - kext - other" to enable usb port without any generic patch; in this case, remember to delete USBinjectall.kext and deflag usb patch in config.plist ;)

Enjoy!

config.plist

USBPorts.kext.zip

Edited by Raider_ITA