Stuck at "End randomseed"

tomatoe77

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm trying to install macOS Mojave on my machine, however I never get passed "End randomseed" when initiating the installer.

Specs:

• CPU i7 5557U (Broadwell)
  • iGPU: Iris 6100
  • 16GB (2x8GB) F3-1600C9D-16GRSL (the board has 2 Slots)
  • BIOS: American Megatrends UEFI V 2.17.1246

The challenge with my hardware is, that it is a pretty custom machine, I used it as a Windows Server before and no problem there. To get a better idea, have a look here.

From my research I learned that the error usually happens if there are some issues with initialising the memory. Those are the issues that I could find:

• Memory is in wrong bay
  • Memory is not recognized because relevant information in config.plist is missing
  • Missing/wrong version of AptioMemoryFix

What I've tried so far:

• BIOS: disable VT-D and set GPU to 64MB
  • Memory settings: tried to disable and enable different settings in the bios. There are plenty of settings where I do not have any idea what the switches do but I tried to disable everything and disable each function at once and tried to boot. to get a better idea, please have a look at the picture
  • different versions of clover (current stable and rehabman current stable)
  • different Versions of the Aptio driver
    • AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
    • OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi
    • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
  • Use different Versions of config.plist. Since cpu and gpu are close to a NUC5 I used a plist I found on this repo
    • untouched from clover
    • nuc5_install (from repo)
  • Add memory specs in the plist and created different versions to test if it makes any difference (boot with 1/2 modules and use config.plist). Done with original and config fii from repo
    • Version with 2 modules
    • Version with 1 module
    • Version with 1 module but two entries (since I read that somebody had the same issue and he split a 16GB module in 2x8GB)
    • Version with 1/2 modules and fake part numbers

As you can see, I already made a long journey with this. My main challenge currently is that I don't know how I can debug further. The suggestions I found haven't been fixing my problem.

I'm well aware that there might be other compatibility issues with this hardware but for now I just like to get passed the randomseed panic.
If you have any suggestions what I could try I'd be really thankful.

Also, please let me know if you need further information, I'm happy to provide as many details as necessary.

Please find attached:

• Pictures of the memory settings I have in my bios
  • the config.plists I've tried so far
  • CPU-Z report with the specs of the machine

Thank you very much

nfo.zip

Guest ricoc90

Can you create a preboot log (i believe it's F2 while at Clover menu, otherwise press F1 to get the complete list of shortkeys) and then post a copy of your CLOVER folder (omitting the themes folder)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you very much for your reply, I've been busy with work so did not had much time to focus on this. I've tried to create the preboot.log and attached it here in with current efi folder. I also read in another forum that a kernel patch helps which i've applied but still no luck :(

Would be thankful for any hint how to handle my machine to gt over this stupid error...

Thank you  

EFI.zip