Long period of waiting...

maclocus

2 posts in this topic

I have OpenCore 0.04 working really good. And this will sound like nagging but after the first part of the macOS progress bar and the second part of the progress bar when it is going to graphical I have a rather long period of no visual feedback, I guess around 10 seconds, just a black screen.

So, bootpicker -> progress bar with apple logo (halfway) -> black screen for 6-7 seconds -> second part of progress bar with apple logo -> login screen.

It is not a big deal but if this slowdown could be decreased that would be great!

Is this something others see too or is a 'setting' I have to adjust? Anyone see this too?

macOS 10.15 beta 3 on a Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI, Intel i7 Haswell, Radeon RX560, 16 GB.

Nothing to special I think and a rather easy system for a hack.

I can't say if macos Mojave did this too because I started using OpenCore with macOS 10.15 beta.

Anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

Looks like your iGPU is turned off or lacks proper framebuffer settings. Even if your display is driven by the discrete RX560, the iGPU is still used for misc computation tasks, so it should be assigned a proper amount of RAM, a headless framebuffer, and a correct IMEI ID. The long pause you are describing is often caused by the iGPU kext not attaching to the device, the boot progress putting itself on hold to give the iGPU enough time to properly initialize.

Since you have neither uploaded any logs/configs nor properly specified what CPU model you have, it's impossible to proceed beyond this basic guess.