[Release] Accelerometer Driver/SMS Emulator for Toshiba Devices + Display Autorotation

xord

1 post in this topic

TOSMotionSensor

I am very pleased to share my very first (beta) release with you all. This is a driver for ALL Toshiba devices with a built in accelerometer.  I am looking for anyone with such a device to try it out as well as any other kext developers to take a look at the source for any glaring mistakes.

Good news is that I built this driver to be compatible with native macOS applications that use SMS (SMCMotionSensor/Sudden Motion Sensor) data. No proprietary software/patches/hacks necessary.

Even more good news is that along with this I am also releasing a display autorotation app (open source) called Displace (read more below). 

I have also included a bare-minimum example of how to poll the SMCMotionSensor service for accelerometer data to jump start anyone who may be interested.

You can find more information, source code, as well as prebuilt binaries at the Github page here.

Displace

As mentioned above, I have developed an autorotation tool to use alongside TOSMotionSensor or any accelerometer enables hack or Mac.  I am also looking for devs and testers to give it a shot and let me know how it works for them.

More information, source, and binaries are available here.

It makes me very happy to be able to give something back (however niche) to the Hackintosh community.  Even though it's not the most widely usable software, I hope it inspires someone to learn how to make their own drivers and share them here.

• Like 3