How to get MAC OSX Mojave on ASUS UX31A?

Neofox04

1 post in this topic

Hello there everyone! I'm relatively new to this site as far as posting/making forums. 

I've been at this for weeks now and Maybe it's my ignorance as far as reading guides. But I can't seem to figure this out too well.

I'm sorry for being a total Noob when it comes to hackintosh, but I'm able to grasp the general concept of KEXT's, images, etc.

I've got an Asus UX31A Notebook PC, and I've managed to get Mac OS High sierra installed on it, but couldn't ever get it to boot without having the flash drive attached.

I'm taking another swing at it using mac OS Mojave now, but I might need the assistance of someone out there who knows a thing or two about how to properly setup a

usb drive/clover so that I might be able to install it correctly? I've been through so many forums and read at least 10 different guides to which I can't seem to understand.

Currently I'm using an iMac with mac OS El Capitan right now as a donor to set everything up on so that way I can place the installation on a drive to use on my Asus. I've got the Kext files from 

RehabMan's repo's and a generalized idea on what to do, but need some expertise from someone who's done this a lot. I know each machine is different, and the ASUS I've got seems to be 

one of the better machines out there to actually run a hackintosh on. It's just a matter of finding out the best way to do it.

What I have been able to do so far:

MacOS Mojave image- Check

Drive 32GB+ - Check

Kexts - Check

Mac/Hackintosh to work the magic of setting it all up - Check

Need help with: 

HFS+ Format (no matter what I try to do with Clover, there is no HFS+ format for me to choose from...can't ever make it that far)

After getting into clover to install mac OS, the apple logo pops up, and the computer restarts or it hangs at half loading bar

I've tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Mojave installer, Terminal install methods, partitioning several times...I'm just at a loss and left scratching my head. 

Again, I do apologize for seeming a little all over the place, but to have a bit more clear of a guide/asked the right questions, I'd be happy to work with someone or learn a thing or two

about the correct way to do things.