Did Mojave will run on Intel Xeon X3363?

ANONIMNIQ

6 posts in this topic

I can buy modified Intel Xeon X3363 for 775 socket for a really good price. The processor is analog of Q9550. I know that Mojave will run on Q9550 with high sierra telemetry plugin the same way It works with my current core 2 duo CPU. Is it OK to use server CPU and do I need extra installation steps? Also, because I will update mu GPU too, do I need fresh installation after the upgrade or everything will work fine?

Thank you! The CPU is modified to fit in 775 socket just fine. If I need to use fake CPUID how to do that? Is it possible Mojave to recognise the X3363 CPU as Q9550? Btw I can buy this CPU for $15 which is 50% cheaper than Q9550.

Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 10.11.28.png

15 minutes ago, Hervé said:

If you look into Clover Configurator, you'll see the list of various CPUs Clover can fake; you'd just have to pick-up the Yorkfield or Wolfdale family equivalent if that were required. Go ahead, nothing to lose but $15 after all...

Thank you again! I contact the seller and think to buy it tomorrow. Btw i buy and other GPU - GeForce GTX 750 ti. Wait for it tomorrow too, but I think the GPU will work just fine with exact same kexts that I use for my current GPU.

3 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Not at all, quite the contrary!

Quadro FX1800 is Tesla and therefore natively supported up to High Sierra. If you run Mojave with it, then you had to apply the trick of recalling the High Sierra kexts and, in the case of Mojave 10.14.4, the rollback of 10.14.3 frameworks.

GeForce GTX 750Ti is Maxwell and will not be supported at all in Mojave because it requires the nVidia Web driver in all OS X/macOS version. Apple native support for nVidia cards stopped at Kepler generation. So, no!, don't buy that card if running Mojave, it won't work.

Thank you! I think to use this card for video editing and gaming, but maybe I'll use it just with Windows and my quadro with Mojave. I run Mojave as my primary OS now. Btw is there any chance for nvidia web drivers in the future?

3 minutes ago, Hervé said:

The chance of seeing an nVidia Web driver for Mojave is as high as, say, seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger elected as US President.

And there is no chance Apple to go back to nvidia support for macos 10.15 I guess? So no nvidia love from apple.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 12:23 AM, ANONIMNIQ said:

I can buy this CPU for $15 which is 50% cheaper than Q9550.

Just spend the extra $15 dollars, considering the effort and time you are investing in this work-around is not worth the $15 you are 'saving'.