[GUIDE] Lenovo B560 Yosemite 10.10.5 Successfully working with QE/CI

kikofras

2 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone!

First of all apologies if anything wrong typed or expressed. I'm spanish and English is not my mother language. If i broke any point of the rules or mistaken in any point, please point it at me so i can correct it. Read the rules twice ;)

So, let's go to business. I have a MacMini Late 2012, that i used to create the bootable USB with Yosemite 10.10.5 AppStore install + Clover 4893 EFI+ MacBookPro6,1 SMBIOS config. First we need to create the USB using the "Create Media Install.app" available via insanelymac. Links down to the post:

LENOVO B560 2011

Model Name: 4330

Extra info in case of doubt:

P/N:59320251

M/O: WB0201130S

Full specs:

CPU: Intel i5-540 2,53ghz

RAM: 4GB+Empty slot DDR3 SODIMM

Graphics Vendor 8086 DeviceID 46: Intel HD Graphics 1st Generation Arrendale Integrated Graphics

Disc: 500 gb mechanic ( 80GB Intel SATA2 SDD in my case)

Wifi: Atheros 9285 original wifi card

Bluetooth: Broadcom working OOB VendorID:0x0489 ProductID:0xE00D

Ethernet: Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 Gigabit

Keyboard & Touchpad: Elan/Folcatech Touchpad

We're going to need:

a)USB 8+GB GUID + MacOsExt Journaled formatted drive

b) Create Install Media (Links below post)

c) Clover Configurator, last version if possible

d) Vietnam Hackintosh Tool v1.9.6 // Kext Utility (inside it)

config.plist

e) 1st IntelHDGraphics Yosemite 10.10.5 kexts ( download from guide link)

f) CONFIG.PLIST pre edited for full functioning, including MacBookPro6,1 SMBIOS config. Attached.

What's working:

.- Integrated Camera.

.- Ethernet.

.- Wifi.

.- TouchPad ( click into touchpad not working, must click the button itself).

.- IntelHDGraphics + Brightnes keyboard key's control. VGA Output not tested yet while writing the post.

.- Audio with VodooHDA + keyboard function keys.

What's NOT working:

.- FingerPrint reader (useless for me)

.- Card Reader.

.- Sleep mode

What has not been tested yet:

.- ESATA port. Could work with some kexts. Not useful to me

.- Headphone & microphone ( bah! haha)

.- VGA Output with LW1 frame-buffer --> from the 1st Intel 2010 arrendale GUIDE.

Preparing the USB Installer

1.- Format your usb drive with GUID + macos journaled partition format. 1 partition only.

2.- Open "Create Install Media.app", click "Run", then "Create Install Media"

3.- Close "Disk Utility" 'cause you've previously formated the drive. If not do it now.

4.- Then finally select the name of the USB you've formatted and the click "OK". Wait for the process to finish.

After the USB is created, select from the installer "Clover Install". Install Clover EFI to the recently created Yosemite USB installer. Once the process is completed, eject the USB and extract it from the Mac or Hackintosh. If you have the chance Time to get the Lenovo cracking!

Remember to DELETE the following kexts in S/L/E, so the display can work properly:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Installing Yosemite in Lenovo B560

*I had some issue as expected with the insalling of kexts, but not always and this is the strangest thing. If the system hang up at the end or in the middle of a kext install, don't panic. Force power off, restart and the use Kext Utility ALWAYS to repair permisions after a kext install.

After you boot into your recently installed Yosemite 10.10.5, the process to get all working will be the following. Every time we install a kext we must use KEXT UTILITY to repair permisions and restart using the USB Clover EFI, otherwise we risk a random kernel panic! We'll install Clover EFI later via Clover Configurator once we have internet running, or directly using the "Create Install Media.app" selecting Clover Installer: Your choice.

1.- After 1st boot, use Vietnam Hackintosh Tool to install just the Atheros Wifi kext! Then run KextUtility and Restart using the USB created Clover for config recognition!

1207798066_ScreenShot2019-04-30at16_52_24.png.963b0f8405a69d5badba09f01ab0966b.png

2.- Do the same with the following options as we can see here, but remember ONE BY ONE, KextUtility + Restart and again for every kext!

1078199768_ScreenShot2019-04-30at16_55_56.png.a4ad306880111d37ae6435b172710cf6.png

Then if you do it correctly one by one, the final step is install Clover. You can do it via Clover configurator ( so all is updated) or via single package or via "Create Install Media.app" package. Take the "config.plist" attached, you're gonna need it.

1.- Open and update Clover Config once internet is running. Install the latest package directly to your main installation drive where your Yosemite install is located. Also you can repeat the process to update the Clover in the USB install media.

2.- Locale the "config.plist" in the main drive and open it. 

3.- Copy the attached config.plist to your Desktop and open it too. You're going to see some differences between the main drive config and the attached config.

4.- Copy the attached config.plist to the main drive in EFI/CLOVER/ and replace the file when asked for.

5.- Open the config.plist you've just copied to main drive so we make sure is the same that i've attached you for the process ( i've been crazy some time with lots of config.plists!!)

MAKE SURE "PatchVBios" is selected in graphics config through Clover Configurator! Just in case....

LAST STEP

Get our Intel HD Graphics with QE/CI full support!

Here i want to thank GhostRider for the guide and everyone else involved. Here's the full Guide: read it, re-read it and understand where you at at every point. You don't need the Ubuntu usb live part, because the Lenovo B560 is fully QE/CI functional!

1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI by GhostRider

Fast steps:

1.- You need to download the package named "Intel HD Graphics QECI 10.10.5.zip", available via links guide.

2.- Drag to KextUtility the 4 kexts at the root of the folder, and the one inside "Select Framebuffer/SingleLink/Normal/LCD+VGA/LCD+VGA LW1/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext" to be installed properly.

3.- Restart and VOILÀ! Everything ( almost) is working and full graphics enabled! Oh! Also you may access the AppStore without a problem, i'm connected right now.

Just remember not to update the system via the AppleSoftwareUpdater because it will broke the Display at less and you'll have to do a fresh start ( +40 times here.. ;) )

SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD:

Hackintosh Vietnam Tool 1.9.6

Chris1111 Create Install Media

Thanks to all the people for the previous kexts, guides, and everything. If questions, post them here!

Best regards,

Edited by kikofras
adjustements

On 4/30/2019 at 5:22 PM, kikofras said:

Good morning everyone!

First of all apologies if anything wrong typed or expressed. I'm spanish and English is not my mother language. If i broke any point of the rules or mistaken in any point, please point it at me so i can correct it. Read the rules twice ;)

So, let's go to business. I have a MacMini Late 2012, that i used to create the bootable USB with Yosemite 10.10.5 AppStore install + Clover 4893 EFI+ MacBookPro6,1 SMBIOS config. First we need to create the USB using the "Create Media Install.app" available via insanelymac. Links down to the post:

LENOVO B560 2011

Model Name: 4330

Extra info in case of doubt:

P/N:59320251

M/O: WB0201130S

Full specs:

CPU: Intel i5-540 2,53ghz

RAM: 4GB+Empty slot DDR3 SODIMM

Graphics Vendor 8086 DeviceID 46: Intel HD Graphics 1st Generation Arrendale Integrated Graphics

Disc: 500 gb mechanic ( 80GB Intel SATA2 SDD in my case)

Wifi: Atheros 9285 original wifi card

Bluetooth: Broadcom working OOB VendorID:0x0489 ProductID:0xE00D

Ethernet: Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 Gigabit

Keyboard & Touchpad: Elan/Folcatech Touchpad

We're going to need:

a)USB 8+GB GUID + MacOsExt Journaled formatted drive

b) Create Install Media (Links below post)

c) Clover Configurator, last version if possible

d) Vietnam Hackintosh Tool v1.9.6 // Kext Utility (inside it)

config.plist

e) 1st IntelHDGraphics Yosemite 10.10.5 kexts ( download from guide link)

f) CONFIG.PLIST pre edited for full functioning, including MacBookPro6,1 SMBIOS config. Attached.

What's working:

.- Integrated Camera.

.- Ethernet.

.- Wifi.

.- TouchPad ( click into touchpad not working, must click the button itself).

.- IntelHDGraphics + Brightnes keyboard key's control. VGA Output not tested yet while writing the post.

.- Audio with VodooHDA + keyboard function keys.

What's NOT working:

.- FingerPrint reader (useless for me)

.- Card Reader.

.- Sleep mode

What has not been tested yet:

.- ESATA port. Could work with some kexts. Not useful to me

.- Headphone & microphone ( bah! haha)

.- VGA Output with LW1 frame-buffer --> from the 1st Intel 2010 arrendale GUIDE.

Preparing the USB Installer

1.- Format your usb drive with GUID + macos journaled partition format. 1 partition only.

2.- Open "Create Install Media.app", click "Run", then "Create Install Media"

3.- Close "Disk Utility" 'cause you've previously formated the drive. If not do it now.

4.- Then finally select the name of the USB you've formatted and the click "OK". Wait for the process to finish.

After the USB is created, select from the installer "Clover Install". Install Clover EFI to the recently created Yosemite USB installer. Once the process is completed, eject the USB and extract it from the Mac or Hackintosh. If you have the chance Time to get the Lenovo cracking!

Remember to DELETE the following kexts in S/L/E, so the display can work properly:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Installing Yosemite in Lenovo B560

*I had some issue as expected with the insalling of kexts, but not always and this is the strangest thing. If the system hang up at the end or in the middle of a kext install, don't panic. Force power off, restart and the use Kext Utility ALWAYS to repair permisions after a kext install.

After you boot into your recently installed Yosemite 10.10.5, the process to get all working will be the following. Every time we install a kext we must use KEXT UTILITY to repair permisions and restart using the USB Clover EFI, otherwise we risk a random kernel panic! We'll install Clover EFI later via Clover Configurator once we have internet running, or directly using the "Create Install Media.app" selecting Clover Installer: Your choice.

1.- After 1st boot, use Vietnam Hackintosh Tool to install just the Atheros Wifi kext! Then run KextUtility and Restart using the USB created Clover for config recognition!

1207798066_ScreenShot2019-04-30at16_52_24.png.963b0f8405a69d5badba09f01ab0966b.png

2.- Do the same with the following options as we can see here, but remember ONE BY ONE, KextUtility + Restart and again for every kext!

1078199768_ScreenShot2019-04-30at16_55_56.png.a4ad306880111d37ae6435b172710cf6.png

Then if you do it correctly one by one, the final step is install Clover. You can do it via Clover configurator ( so all is updated) or via single package or via "Create Install Media.app" package. Take the "config.plist" attached, you're gonna need it.

1.- Open and update Clover Config once internet is running. Install the latest package directly to your main installation drive where your Yosemite install is located. Also you can repeat the process to update the Clover in the USB install media.

2.- Locale the "config.plist" in the main drive and open it. 

3.- Copy the attached config.plist to your Desktop and open it too. You're going to see some differences between the main drive config and the attached config.

4.- Copy the attached config.plist to the main drive in EFI/CLOVER/ and replace the file when asked for.

5.- Open the config.plist you've just copied to main drive so we make sure is the same that i've attached you for the process ( i've been crazy some time with lots of config.plists!!)

MAKE SURE "PatchVBios" is selected in graphics config through Clover Configurator! Just in case....

LAST STEP

Get our Intel HD Graphics with QE/CI full support!

Here i want to thank GhostRider for the guide and everyone else involved. Here's the full Guide: read it, re-read it and understand where you at at every point. You don't need the Ubuntu usb live part, because the Lenovo B560 is fully QE/CI functional!

1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI by GhostRider

Fast steps:

1.- You need to download the package named "Intel HD Graphics QECI 10.10.5.zip", available via links guide.

2.- Drag to KextUtility the 4 kexts at the root of the folder, and the one inside "Select Framebuffer/SingleLink/Normal/LCD+VGA/LCD+VGA LW1/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext" to be installed properly.

3.- Restart and VOILÀ! Everything ( almost) is working and full graphics enabled! Oh! Also you may access the AppStore without a problem, i'm connected right now.

Just remember not to update the system via the AppleSoftwareUpdater because it will broke the Display at less and you'll have to do a fresh start ( +40 times here.. ;) )

SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD:

Hackintosh Vietnam Tool 1.9.6

Chris1111 Create Install Media

Thanks to all the people for the previous kexts, guides, and everything. If questions, post them here!

Best regards,

Reserved