Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ANONIMNIQ

Stuck on Apple logo

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I installed Mojave beta successfully before on this PC, it's non supported CPU. Today I try to make fresh install with latest Mojave release, I replace telemetry plugin with High Sierra one and don't have kernel panic restart in the last part of the installation, but I'm stuck for an hour now on the loader with Apple logo. Mouse cursor appears but that's all. How to pass this and finish the installation?

IMG_20190404_150954.jpg

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

I tried to boot with -v but after few minutes stuck ot timeout acpicpu error it loads apple logo screen with empty loader and mouse cursor. I'm not sure what the problem is... I even tried with older Clover version and it is the same but instead of apple logo is just grey screen with mouse cursor.

IMG_20190404_162714.jpg

IMG_20190404_163916.jpg

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

Posted (edited)

Quadro FX1800 is Tesla generation and therefore not supported under Mojave since it's not Metal compatible. The only nVidia cards supported under 10.14 are Kepler generation's. Ideally and for your system to remain compatible with Mojave, you should install a supported graphics card: nVidia Kepler or AMD GCN1.0 generation and later.

There's a workaround for non-Metal cards that were supported under previous OS X/macOS version which consists of:

1. installing missing drivers (in your case nVidia's) from High Sierra 10.13.6. See here.
  2. for 10.14.4, revert OpenGL.framework + GPUSupport.framework from 10.14.3. Use Dosdude1's script to that effect. See here too for instance.

If your FX1800 was supported under High Sierra, it should then be supported under Mojave with very minor defects.

Edited by Hervé

But I sucessfully install Mojave beta before with the same card and full support with few files copied from High Sierra.

Posted (edited)

Then:

1. post a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder
  2. specify the version of Clover you use

You may also refer to this guide which provides a step-by-step procedure for installing Mojave on a Wolfdale C2D platform.

If you're installing any Mojave version lower that 10.14.4, you should be able to get graphics acceleration pretty much directly by injecting High Sierra's nVidia kexts through Clover. Right now, I think your system gets stuck on graphics.

Edited by Hervé

I have few config.plist files for testing. Not sure about this current version of Clover because it's preinstalled from dmg file that I used to create usb installer.

CLOVER.zip

Posted (edited)

I reinstall it and now I finish the installation but have problems with my GPU. It works fine with Mojave beta before, but now it's not. I copy Nvidia kext files from High Sierra with Macos Mojave Patcher but still no luck. I even installed patched Nvidia web drivers. When inject Nvidia with clover the system detect my GPU properly as seen on the screenshot, but it's not detect my monitor correctly and I can't change the resolution and the graphics are laggy.

IMG_20190405_160923.jpg

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

Posted (edited)

Let's avoid the double posting and lock this thread. Solution found as detailed here:

Edited by Hervé