Yosemite issue

WIckd1

2 posts in this topic

I'm on an early 2009 Mac Pro updated to 5.1. I purchased a GTX 780 from Macvidcards a few years ago and installed the recommended Nvidia driver. For the past week, my email address is appearing on the screen in front of everything. The only way I can get rid of it is to reboot the system.

I downloaded the latest Yosemite driver (WebDriver-346.02.03f14.pkg) from Nvidia figuring that my be the issue, but when I try to install the driver I get the error that I need Yosemite 10.10.5 in order to install this driver, which is the OS version I'm running (see attached screen shot).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 9.56.53 PM.png

In "About this Mac", click on the Yosemite version to display your current 10.10.5 build number. You may then update Yosemite as/if required or install the relevant Web Driver version. nVidia release an updated Web Driver every time Apple release a new build for any given OS X/macOS version. Both have to match... You tried to install a Web Driver version that simply does not match Yosemite's last build, i.e. you're not running on the last one simply because you may not have installed the latest Security Update for instance.

Edited by Hervé