Best OS X version to install on Dell XPS 15 9550

yentz

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I am using a Dell XPS 15 9550 (Intel Core I7 6700 HQ, Geforce GTX 960 m, Intel HD 530, 512 Gig Pc 300 NVMe SK hynix SSD, Killer wireless 1535) and I want to install OS X on it. 

I hat it running for 15 minutes with a lot of missing drivers when I bought it some years ago but went back to windows as a couple of people told me how good windows is for audio production.

Unfortunately this is not the case and I really want to go back to OS X but don't want to buy a mac mini with its t2 chip causing problems with usb audio interfaces and even if not available suppose the new imacs will have issues with thermal trottling.

Anyway I think that the laptop should be fine for running logic and live and it would be awesome to get os x running properly on it.

Before starting I thought I am going to ask if there is a version of ox s which you would recommend / is known for running smoothly as audio production needs the computer to work properly.  

What verson of os x would you recommend? I stopped upgrading after El Captain on my macbook pro as I have the feeling the later versions of OS X do slow down my system (e.g. fan ging heavy on the same project, slower loading of plugins etc).

Thanks for helping

Jens