Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toffees

Need Help. Trying to find a guide for Mojave to Vmware with Clover

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm trying to find a guide to help me do a virgin installation of Mojave to a Windows 10 VMWare virtual machine.  I've tried the varioud pre-built vmdk disks out there, but none of them allow you to resolve the problems running iMessage i.e. MLB, ROM, SmUUID emulation.  From what I've read, I need to use Clover to boot my hackintosh so I can feed it the correct values for these critical registers in order to be able to use iMessage.  I've tried several guides that tell you just to add several settings to the .vmx, but none of them allow you to correctly set the SmUUID nor have any effect on the ROM value (MLB, Serial, System ID all seem to work).  If its not possible to use Clover with Vmware in order to take control of the SMBios data, I may consider just dual-booting instead.  In this case, are there any resources available that can tell me if my hardware is compatible (asrock Z68 extreme4 gen3, sandybridge 2600k, nvidia 1080).

TIA.

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

GeForce GTX 1080 is Pascal generation and that's not supported at all under Mojave. Support for this card stops at High Sierra and it needs the nVidia's Web Driver because it's not natively supported by macOS.

You should opt for dual booting and proper Hackintosh installation if you want to run those apps you mentioned.

Edited by Hervé

Thanks for replying Hervé.  I understand that the GTX wont work under Mojave.  What I'm trying to do at the moment is learn how Clover/Mojave works (i.e. experiment a little) in a safe Vmware environment.  None of the guides I've read talk about how to properly setup a vmware guest using a Clover patched USB Mojave image.  I've managed to create the USB stick with Clover as the EFI, and can boot to it within Vmware to start the installation to the virtual disk.  About half way through the install though, it seems to stop working but no errors are shown.  I'm assuming some of the KEXT information I set in the config.plist isn't correct (I used this guide), but as a newbie I'm at a loss what to do next.  Any guidance gratefully accepted.