1 post in this topic

Dell E6420:

• Intel Core i5 2540m @ 2.5GHz QM67 Chipset
  • 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
  • Samsung EVO 250GB SSD
  • INTEL HD3000 Video + 1600x900 Internal Screen
  • Intel 825xx onboard network
  • IDT 92HDxxx HD audio onboard

For the install, I followed this Guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308711-guide-run-os-x-el-capitan-on-a-dell-latitude-e6320/

His clover set up did not work immediately, so I had to start from another bootpack that I found (I can't find the post anymore).

I had to check these Options to Boot:

• Drop OEM SSDT's
  • Generate Pstates
  • Generate Cstates
  • Inject Intel
    • FakeID = 0x12345678

This disables QE/CI and my VRAM shows up as 5MB. So obviously not Ideal. If I boot with the FakeID = 0x01268086 I get a black screen when DSMOS arrives although the screen looks like it is still backlit. Hooking up to the docking station shows nothing, neither does VGA (Which i think is broken anyway). I don't have an HDMI monitor around to test with unfortunately.

I've Tried:

Injecting EDID (Had to install windows just to get the info). No change.

Injecting SNB-Platform-ID. No Change.

Various Bootpacks and config.plist

Updating to Sierra

Reinstalling

OSXLattitude  (I think I'm allowed to mention them.) has a guide here with a bootpack for my specific model: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-vostro-xps-clover-guide/

I have not been able to try this however since their registration system seems to be down. (never sends the email... this was broken a few months ago I saw in their news section).

I normally don't like to post since everything is pretty much out there for us to find, however I'm really beating my head against the wall. I've been at it for a couple of days. Previously I've installed OS X on a Dell Optiplex 760, a Dell Precision M6800 (Couldn't get QE/CI on internal monitor, but external worked fine.), and a Custom built multi-boot machine. This one however is kicking my butt.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! I've attached my current clover folder for review. Let me know what else I should upload

Thanks!

Michael

CLOVER.zip