vin047

Mojave with X58 - all working except sleep, any help?

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, have an old Asrock X58 Deluxe motherboard with an i7-920 Nehalem CPU (yes old board :lol:) + AMD RX460 . As per the title, i've managed to get Mojave installed and running with Speed Step working too!

Final issue i'm having is with sleep - it sleeps fine and even responds to keyboard/mouse event, but instead of waking up to the desktop it restarts and loads from BIOS boot screen. When finally booted into macos, it restores as if restored from unexpected shutdown (though no error is shown).

I've tried for days to get it working, sometimes depending on clover config changes, I can get it to wake up without reboot, but it just remains at a black screen and is unresponsive. 

I have no custom DSDT, i've tried writing one but don't know really know what i'm looking for? Currently relying on clover patches. I've uploaded my original DSDT (dumped from Clover, F4 option) + current config. Anyone have any ideas?

dsdt original.zip

config.plist.zip

Edited by vin047
Added dsdt original + clover config

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ade866
      Hi everyone, I have been optimizing my Asus x54h for some time. But now I find myself with sierra 10.12.6 installed with the problem of sleep, well: as soon as I put the PC to sleep the fans keep running, after a while they stop for a second and then start to turn again waking up the PC. What do you think the problem is? The notebook is equipped with: Amd 6470M CPU intel core i3 2330m. 4gb Ram DDR3 SDRAM. Clover legacy bootloader.
      config.plist
      SSDT.aml
      DSDT.aml
      Andrea’s iMac.zip
    • By vhviveiros
      Hello guys!

I'm using a Samsung ativ book 2 np270e5g-xd1br, with i5-3230m/HM75, and everything is working fine, except by sleeping and wifi connection (the Hackintosh internet speed is about 10% of the windows/Linux, and sometimes It downs randomly).

I've tried a lot of tutorials but nothing solved my problem.

Hope you guys could help me

obs: I also figured that if I left the laptop for some minutes, It sometimes reboot.
      Send me MacBook-Pro.zip
    • By plisken
      Hey guys! 

So, this isn't my first time building a Hackintosh, I have done it a few times before. But this is the first time I have done a X299 build and oh boy is it harder! Fortunately at this point I have gotten most things down (I think!) and its running pretty smoothly. There are 2 main issues I need fixed. 1st is that Thunderbolt 3 doesn't seem to be detected at all by MacOS. 
      Here are my specs:

Intel Core i9 9900X, 
      64GB DDR4 RAM, 
      AMD WX5100 video card
      Asus Prime x299 Deluxe II motherboard

So in my case, this motherboard has Thunderbolt 3 and the controller all built in. No matter what I do it doesn't seem I can get it to show up under System Information in High Sierra. I have made sure my BIOS settings are what they need to be and have experimented but to no end. Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated!

Second issue is sleep/wake doesn't work. I made a quick small video showcasing the problem here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytzbr9swu95d8d5/Hackintosh Sleep Problem.MOV?dl=0

As you can see, when I press Sleep in High Sierra, it looks like it shuts down or goes to sleep instantly. But it just goes to a black screen, then dark, and nothing I do on the music and keyboard changes it. I have to reset the computer for it to respond again. Im not sure if the computer did actually go sleep and I just couldn't wake it or it indeed just crashed and need to be restarted. 

The 3rd issue isn't really that big of a deal but any insight is appropriate of course. When I check "About This Mac" under processor it says Unknown. How do I change that to what I actually have? I tried doing it through Clover Configurator but nothing happened or changed. 

If there is any information I forgot or skipped please let know and I will get back to you.

Thanks everyone!
    • By gk12345
      hello to everyone, i managed to install mojave on my asus ux303ub with i5 cpu and now sleep does not work when i press sleep display turns black and pc stays on and then i have to force shut down by holding power button in order to restart pc ,by the way i used the clover folder from a guide on the internet, any help would be appreciated, thanks
    • By Bushi93
      Finally Manage to make on of the most powerful and compact Hackintosh available with > the i9-9940X 14 cores + the AsRock X299e motherboard and Vega RX 64 8GB.
      Used for Editing, Motion Design and VFX on Mojave 10.14.3
      Exports time >Four time faster compared to my last i7 6 cores hackintosh.

Need to add a lot of parameters to get the config.plst to work but once it's right it Works very smoothly!
      Turbo Boost up to 4.2 Ghz all core

Geekbench scores
      Multi core : 54000 (above the iMacPro 18 cores)
      Single core : 5200
      GPU : 186 800

Ethernet & Audio work without kext

GPU : The Gygabite VEGA RX 64 required a lowfanspeed.kext otherwise it will always have the fans running in full speed mode (and it can get really noisy).

Bluetooth & wifi (you can get a blue tooth dongle - the Azus works but you may experience some issue or lag sometime so the best solution is to replace the Bluetooth/Wifi card with the Bcm94360cs2 AC + its adaptor:
      https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07HFQKC2Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B073XHY68N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      With this card you won't need any kext to make it work : you will get native bluetooth and wifi support and even be able to control your bios and clover with your bluetooth magic mouse / keyboard !

USB3 PORTS : need to add some kext
      1 of the 2 USB 3.1 WORK in full speed > USB C  in 3.1 and for some mysterious reson the other USB type A in 3.1 work as USB 2 only
      The other 4 USB3 work fine and the 2 USB3 of my front IO (NCASE M1) work fine too 

XRP RAM OVERCLOCK : YES
      CPU Overcloking to 4.5GHz may work but did experience some freeze/crash and didn't notice any increase in render time when activated.

Here is a quick overview of my setup