Ableton 10 freezes, need help with config.plist - Let's find the Error!

JungleJames

2 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

my system is the following:

Asus ROG Maximus Hero x
Intel i7 8700
Radeon RX 580 8192 MB
16 GB Ballistic Sports 2400Mhz
2 * Samsung SSD EVO 970
Noctua NH-D15S
Fractal Design Define R6 Black Case

I have been installing Mojave the last couple of days and finally manage to optimize my system thanks to this amazing forum and other internet sources. So right now almost everything I need for my work is running smooth.

main source was this:

Now to my problem: I am working in the Audio Field and one of the softwares I am using is Ableton Live 10. On my config which is working very fine with the rest of my system (you will find it attached) the program starts and runs normally but once I am trying to open old projects imported form my old System (MacBook Pro with high Sierra) the program freezes.
Now the interesting part is that I have been trying a lot of different approaches to make this work and one was to use an generic EFI folder. With the basic Mojave config file all the other things like my ethernet for example is not working anymore and also the boot process is much slower, though Ableton Live 10 is working and I can load my old projects just fine.

I would really appreciated some of your experienced eyes on the 2 config files. I have been crossing out all kexts and EFI options and the problem must be in the config. Maybe one of you knows what I need to adjust to make my own optimized config work with this software.

Just for the understanding once again. Once I change both config files the problem solves and I can use the software even though the rest of the EFI stays the same. In both cases I can start and do the usual things in Ableton Live 10, only with the Generic-config it is possible to successfully load other projects not created on the new machine.

Hope somebody can help!

Cheers,
James image.gif.451eb23ef7e6e4b162be5bdbca6d81ef.gif

MY-config.plist

Generic-config.plist

Edited by JungleJames