Kielligzind

MacOS Mojave on i5 520m (arrandale)

10 posts in this topic

So i am trying to boot the MacOS Mojave (10.14.3)
and i am not able to boot the installer because it shuts down my laptop after a few secconds(after the second picture it shuts down instant and it reboots)
i will attach pictures and my clover folder.

I am not sure if the 520m can boot Mojave because i am a bit confused about all the information in this forum:

(Laptop is a Toshiba Tecra A11 - 11J (i5 520m 4gb ddr3, 320gb hdd))

photo_2019-02-17_21-04-51.jpg

photo_2019-02-17_21-04-51 (2).jpg

EFI.zip

Edited by Kielligzind
added a video

Advertisement

Intel Arrandale i5-520M is SSE4.1/SSE4.2 capable and therefore compatible with Mojave. It's the integrated 1st gen Intel HD that is not compatible. Stick to High Sierra on that laptop...

Edited by Hervé

maybe an off topic question but do you know a good wifi/bleutooth card for a old notebook (probably full size pci) ? 

No, it's PCIe (PCI Express, obviously in mini form): it's clearly indicated and if you lookup the Intel model you have on Wikidevi.com, you'll see the details.

Generally speaking, mini PCI was last fitted to laptops of the Pentium M/chipset 910GM/915GM/ICH6 era, i.e. about 15yrs ago... You said "a old notebook" but if this was your Arrandale Toshiba, it could only be PCIe. Thereafter, card could be full mini-PCIe or half mini-PCIe and, if Wikidevi will be very explicit on that front.

Edited by Hervé