(Solved) y700 stuck on shutdown

lapseart

17 posts in this topic

Hi = ) 

I almost finished my hack. All parts working flawless except Shutdown.

When I turned off my laptop the system and fans continue working, hdd led always on and I had to manually turn it off.

I tried DSDT method, clover fix shutdown (0004), fix sbus but no way :worried_anim:

Please help me 

Send me hackbookprosMBP.zip

Edited by lapseart

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 1:04 AM, MaLd0n said:

Thanks for helping @MaLd0n :trumpet:

I tried the DSDT.aml but system won't shutdown =/ and also system wake automatically after sleep =/ 

however, now I can see almost every part on pci table =) thanks (attached the screenshot)

if you have any suggestions could you please tell me  :help:

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 11.52.42.png

Edited by lapseart

Lots of people are having this problem with newer hardware.  I was able to fix the problem on my laptop using the DSDT patch below but it hasn't worked for most people.  Hopefully, the problem will become widespread enough generate some interest in finding a new fix for it.  Good luck.

# Change method _PTS where Arg0 is 0x05 (shutdown)
#
into method label _PTS code_regex_not If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\) code_regex ^((?:.|\n)*)$ replace_matched
begin
        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))\n
        {\n
            Store (Zero, SLPE)\n
            Sleep (0x10)\n
        }\n
        Else\n
        {\n
%1
        }
end;
into definitionblock code_regex . code_regex_not OperationRegion\s*\(PMRS insert
begin
OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0430, One)\n
Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)\n
{\n
        ,   4, \n
    SLPE,   1\n
}
end

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

:drool:Yes, yes, yes =))) it is working! thank you so much for your patience @mnfesq

Beside, I have sleep issue and fan is working little noisy with @MaLd0n modified DSDT.

I would like to patch mine DSDT with your way. Could you please explain me how can do that with manuel way or help me one more time, I already attached :whistle:

DSDT.aml

24 minutes ago, lapseart said:

:drool:Yes, yes, yes =))) it is working! thank you so much for your patience @mnfesq

Beside, I have sleep issue and fan is working little noisy with @MaLd0n modified DSDT.

I would like to patch mine DSDT with your way. Could you please explain me how can do that with manuel way or help me one more time, I already attached :whistle:

DSDT.aml

OK, I patched your DSDT.  I don't think it looks as good as the one MaLd0n modified.  If you have problems with his DSDT, it's probably a kext or Clover setting that is the problem, not his DSDT modifications.  Still, you can try this but I'm not so sure it will work.  Let me know.

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

@MaLd0n, The Intel Shutdown patch I found on the Olarila forum worked for me when I applied it to the DSDT you patched for me and it worked on the DSDT you patched for @lapseart.  When I have applied this patch to DSDT's that you have not modified, it never works.  Can you think of what modification you make that might make the Intel Shutdown patch work?  The Intel Shutdown patch adds a method called SLPE and invokes it in _PTS, Arg0 0x05.  When I applied the patch, I deleted a modification you made to that entry.  You had this:

If (LEqual (0x05, Arg0))
        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)
        }

and I replaced it with this:

If (LEqual (0x05, Arg0))
        {
            Store (Zero, SLPE)
            Sleep (0x10)
        }

The modification that makes this work may have nothing to do with the patch itself but your patch calls to USB power management (I think) and maybe that's what is keeping the laptop from shutting down.  I'm thinking that the people that have reported problems with shutdown lately need a combination of two or more patches to make shutdown work and that one or more patches you made to my DSDT plus the Intel Shutdown patch is what it takes to make shutdown work.  What do you think?

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

@MaLd0n, The Intel Shutdown patch I found on the Olarila forum worked for me when I applied it to the DSDT you patched for me and it worked on the DSDT you patched for @lapseart.  When I have applied this patch to DSDT's that you have not modified, it never works.  Can you think of what modification you make that might make the Intel Shutdown patch work?  The Intel Shutdown patch adds a method called SLPE and invokes it in _PTS, Arg0 0x05.  When I applied the patch, I deleted a modification you made to that entry.  You had this:

If (LEqual (0x05, Arg0))
        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)
        }

and I replaced it with this:

If (LEqual (0x05, Arg0))
        {
            Store (Zero, SLPE)
            Sleep (0x10)
        }

The modification that makes this work may have nothing to do with the patch itself but your patch calls to USB power management (I think) and maybe that's what is keeping the laptop from shutting down.  I'm thinking that the people that have reported problems with shutdown lately need a combination of two or more patches to make shutdown work and that one or more patches you made to my DSDT plus the Intel Shutdown patch is what it takes to make shutdown work.  What do you think?

is a hybrid shutdown, shutdown asus + gigabyte in one patch

many old intel mobos shutdown work only if we use it

19 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

remove

inside PEG0/PEGP

I removed and everything is looking perfect =) 

I fixed the sleep issue with USB_3_PRW 0x6D skylake (instant wake) patch on @MaLd0n patched DSDT.

Now shutdown is work fine, but when I turn it on after one second it was restarted two or three times and than continue turning on, sometimes give me only black screen.:unsure:

I attached new sendme report with patched DSDT.

Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 13.44.47.png

Edited by lapseart

6 hours ago, lapseart said:

Now shutdown is work fine, but when I turn it on after one second it was restarted two or three times and than continue turning on, sometimes give me only black screen.:unsure:

Run this in Terminal:

sudo kextcache -i /

Then reboot.

7 hours ago, lapseart said:

I already reset all system cache and nvram but didn't work :unsure:

Try disabling your 2 kernel patches.  I don't think you need either of them and they are both related to instant restarts.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 8:03 PM, mnfesq said:

Try disabling your 2 kernel patches.  I don't think you need either of them and they are both related to instant restarts.

I disabled 2 kernel patches and it is done !!! :graduated:

many thanks for all your help @mnfesq @MaLd0n

Cheers