BT disconnect after sleep

LeeZer

1 post in this topic

hi there.  firstly may I apologise if this has been discussed to death before.  I've searched and searched and tried several different opinions and fixes buts still with no avail of getting a working permanent resolve here.

I'm running osx Mojave 10.14.2 on a 5k iMac 2017.

Every time the machine goes to sleep I loose bluetooth connection with my magic keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2 :-(.  I have to reconnect the keyboard using lightning cable and thankfully I've got a wired mouse also, just to be able to log back in.  however there seems like nothing I can do to reconnect both peripherals via bluetooth, except for a full restart and even that sometimes comes up with some window saying "no bluetooth keyboard connected".

I have tried resetting my bluetooth stack inside terminal.  But this problem continues and it's starting to really get me miffed off tbh.  I'm not new to apple or osx, this is my 3rd machine.  But if I spend over £3000 on a machine I kinda expect the keyboard and mouse to work lol.

if anyone could help me I'd be eternally grateful.

cheers