I have an installation, it has been working well for almost a year:

• Gigabyte motherboard
  • Intel Core i5
  • 16 GB RAM
  • ethernet PCI RealtekRTL8111.kext
  • MSI GeForce GT 710 NVIDIA 2GB
  • dual monitors
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.2

I optimized the audio, graphics and network to work well.

My intention was to re-install the OS (because I installed an older version of iTunes [12.6.5.3] to install old software on my old iPad, then I needed the later version for my music library - but there's no separate software...).  Instead I accidentally made a new installation on another drive.  It loads slow [due to HDD], however, I decided to keep it - as a spare/backup installation.

Now the problem I'm facing is that it [the new installation] inherited the graphics and display (and can boot via Clover) but the network only has build-in modem (which doesn't really exist).  I tried a MP3 file and it didn't play so the audio must be wrong.  Even though Clover booted the new system alright, I decided to copy all the files/folders in the original EFI to this new one.  Then I used Clover Configurator [and mounted the new EFI] to do something that I forget [,saved], then after rebooting a MP3 played...  So audio works somehow.

Still ethernet is a problem.  This is not a typical situation, but can someone offer a way to get the network functioning?

PS  I re-installed Mojave over the original and iTunes works like before - fine.

PPS  On another post, someone was having a problem with their ethernet, another suggested to copy IOethernetNetworking.kext (or similar) - no diff.