Wifi disconnected even if on the Mac it seems connected after big Upload

boesbo

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have an almost fully functioning Mojave instance in my Hackintosh.
I have a very serious problem, especially now that I make backups with Time Machine on the NAS, when I make a big Upload, both on the local network (see Time Machine backup on NAS) and online, in the order of hundreds of MB hackintosh loses the connection. Going on "Wifi" is still connected but in fact is not connected to the router, in fact going with another PC in the control panel of the router the device is not connected.
Testing on Ethernet I have no problems. I have no problems even using the PC by starting it with Windows 10 boot.

The bluetooth Wifi network card is a Broadcom BCM943602 NGFF, and the Wifi should be native to this card. I have only installed a .kext for bluetooth according to this guide: https://www.macos86.it/viewtopic.php?p=46#p46
When this problem occurs, the Bluetooth continues to work and even the scanning of the wifi networks continues to work, the problem is that it loses its connection to the Router.

Edited by boesbo

On 1/12/2019 at 6:11 PM, Hervé said:

If you have dual band router/network (i.e. 2.4+5GHz) you may run the same SSID on both networks. This can cause issues like those you experience with some 802.11ac cards like BCM94360. In that case, try and use different SSIDs to distinguish the 2 x networks. That fixed similar issues I had at home with Apple's own Broadcom BCM94360CD cards.

I have in the same network a MacBook Pro mid-2015 with roadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.61.1 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1305.2) and does not give me any of these problems. :(

On 1/12/2019 at 6:11 PM, Hervé said:

If you have dual band router/network (i.e. 2.4+5GHz) you may run the same SSID on both networks. This can cause issues like those you experience with some 802.11ac cards like BCM94360. In that case, try and use different SSIDs to distinguish the 2 x networks. That fixed similar issues I had at home with Apple's own Broadcom BCM94360CD cards.

I took a test. I have enabled only the 5.0 Ghz network on the router. I have the same problem with Hackintosh.

Edited by boesbo