Bojo22

Hello everyone. How install Mojave on Asus P8H67

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I would like to install Mojave on Asus P8H67 With Cpu i7 2600k, a long time ago, I installed High Sierra but I had problems with the kext of the Nvidia GTX 950. So I left it alone. With this new version of OSX should support my video card OOB true? I await your news. Thanks a lot to all. 

Advertisement

Short answer is: No.

As you probably know by now, Mojave dropped support for cards that are not Metal compatible. Such compatibility starts at Kepler cards for nVidia. GTX 950 is Maxwell, i.e. the architecture that followed Kepler. However, due to lack of native OS X/macOS support, post-Kepler architectures like Maxwell and Pascal require the nVidia Web Driver. The trouble is that, due to some unresolved differences between Apple and nVidia, there are no Web Driver to date for Mojave... Erk! :unsure:

Since Mojave also dropped support for Sandy Bridge HD3000 graphics (and support for desktop HD300 was always iffy anyway), the highest you can run on that system is High Sierra 10.13.6, knowing that the GTX 950 would only be supported with the Web Driver, if supported at all and it would seem it is not.

The best thing to do would be to change your graphics card for a model known to be supported, like a Kepler card of the 600/700/800/900 series. For instance GT630, GT640, GTX650 or other GT710, GT720, GT730, etc. based on GKxxx chips.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/?architecture=Kepler&sort=name

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/?architecture=Kepler 2.0&sort=name

You may also look at AMD alternatives (GCN1.0 architecture minimum). That's the only way you'll be able to run High Sierra and Mojave properly.

If you stick with High Sierra, you may opt for other Maxwell or Pascal nVidia models too, but these won't do for Mojave...

Edited by Hervé

Thanks a lot. I've installed mojave without problem. Only problem are Gtx 950. Btw i revert on High Sierra. :(